Armageddon Rules - Putting Sheridan in a VCD????

Right.

I will assume that you do not have AJP. Cause that is the territory of fewer races.

Normal JP means i will have a certain part of your army not shoot me for 2 turns. Delaying any longer means you will mostly hand the enemy the win anyway.

thx. But no im not that stupid when it comes to ship placement. There is something called tableedge that prevents you from jumping in behind of me. 25" battlelasers let me reach out to you anyway. 2 Tertius or one Octurion is nothing that a small Jumpfleet can beat quickly. If you jump more ships, that means i attack your fleet in 2 pieces. I hate jumping in anyway, (old 40k reasining shocking/jumping in sucked hard) because mostly i can always see a way to reach the enemy in a different way via planets or roid fields bu turn two just as well. Besides front arec weapons and a few come abouts can solve many of those problems too.

No its not the perfect i can win button i agree, but it doesnt get much better, without restorting to a Sag fleet.....

most races have the weapons to reach out and touch back if you sit on the table edge, EA beams at 30" range, emines the same, missiles the same. the centauri cannot afford to sit right back even if they have more beams just to stop a attack frmo the back as their opps will generally sit right back too.

katadder said:
most races have the weapons to reach out and touch back if you sit on the table edge, EA beams at 30" range, emines the same, missiles the same. the centauri cannot afford to sit right back even if they have more beams just to stop a attack frmo the back as their opps will generally sit right back too.

Yup Brakiri Lance, 45"... might be intercepteable, but when it gets through it can cause damage, new e-mines, 45", Shadow Omega has a stupid range, Sharlin and Sharoos have the range, seem a flawed argument really.

Right, well I got an answer from Matthew today at the SST Evo event.

The new ruling for Sheridan, who is I think the only character affected as the list of allowable ships for G'Sten does not include any new ships is:

Putting sheridan on a War ship raises it to an Armageddon choice

Putting Sheridan on an Armageddon ship costs an additional Raid point (Like War used to.

Actually I think this would have an effect on G'Sten, I'd say putting him on a War ship would now cost an as Armageddon choice.

LBH

Yer ok. flawed a little bit.

Then ill just use the Terius to hurt you.

G'Sten has now become useless i guess......on a war lvl ship. Sheridan is a sick buy on a VSD.

Ok that sells it Priority lvl sucks hard with this,........I mean it gets sickenly cheap to put someone on a arma ship instead of a war lvl ship?
Sry MGP, that goal was for yourself.

Full Thrust had a design system that let you build and cost ships. Personally, I don't think it worked, because it was linear, each component costed separately. So a class 3 battery on a thrust 2, unscreened ship was worth exactly the same as a class 3 battery on a thrust 8, level 2 screened ship which could make much better use out of it.
There is a synergistic effect in most good designs, one aspect reinforcing another, that can make mock of construction based points systems- in FT, the big vs. small problem was reversed. A large expensive ship was, barring superweapons, usually worth it, because it could slag down individual members of a destroyer flotilla of the same total PV, and reduce the other side's overall firepower faster than they could hurt it. Defence and attack in good synergy there. On the other hand, picture the recursive loops of multiplying one component by another that you would need to cost this properly. Arbitrariness actually starts to look good.
Special characters hiking a ship by a PL is very bad synergy, particularly as the bonus they all seem to have in common is Command, which is usualy stated as being not cumulative with any ships' traits.
Hanging back at the table edge to prevent jumping in? Never- what I usually do is thrust, APtEing probably, forward, dispose of the initial deployment- they are outnumbered after all- then turn, folding the outer edges inwards. More fun than hedging.

With youthere SNJ, but it is fun to hang 2 Prefects or whatever back, and let them deal with the ambushers. And theres always triggys quote. Doesnt refer to Prefects but Tertius ^^.

Yes the cost thing is kinda broken. Yes characters get better, the bigger the ship theyre stationed on. But not that much better.

What do you want Sheridan on a WSC or just a second WSC for even more fighter fun.
G'Sten on a Bin'Tak, or just a second huge beatstick.

Old stile at 5 point battle, i gave up a Rothan for G'Sten. Now id have to give up my G'Quan and both Rothans to get him..........

Sry but MGP just killed admirals for big engagements. Unless i put G'Sten on a T'Loth or G'Quan.....but the best beatstick is barred from him.
ISA rejoice, cause you only lose a single WS for Sheridan on a VCD.......

/rant ends

Sry but its just too broken now. Basically admirals increase the cost of a ship by 100% unless youre lucky and can put him on a armageddon one...Then cost rushes down to 12.5%.

Where did i store my cheese to go with the whine.

Voronesh said:
Ok that sells it Priority lvl sucks hard with this,........I mean it gets sickenly cheap to put someone on a arma ship instead of a war lvl ship?
Sry MGP, that goal was for yourself.

It only shifts it one level up than it used to be.

Pre Armageddon it cost a War point to put sheridan on a Battle ship (Say a WSC-2 or Omega) but it only cost an extra Raid point to put him on a VCD.

LBH

No it cost a battle point.

What i mean, why is it dirt cheap to get Sheridan on a VCD, but way too expensive to put him on a Gunship?

Its like paying less to get more......

Voronesh said:
No it cost a battle point.

Yes, sorry I meant it cost a War point in total for him and the Battle level ship.

Voronesh said:
What i mean, why is it dirt cheap to get Sheridan on a VCD, but way too expensive to put him on a Gunship?

Its like paying less to get more......

Just like it was in SFOS to put Sheridan on a WSC-2 compared to a VCD. It's not changed it's just moved the tipping point.

LBH

yes but back then, i was kinda able to accept that problem as one of the small failings of a Priority lvl system.

Now it feels like 40k sized munch.

Yes i know that im am disgruntled and a bit unsensible on that.

You are right, its only the culmination of SFOS rules, but they were already a little bit off back then, and MGP has just enhanced on an old problem, instead of nicely fixing it with a new book.

Back