Argos & Zingara - New uses for old skills (Balance skill

Philip_fry

Mongoose
Hi,
in the section of the new knowledge skill "fencing" is a reference to "the additional use for Balance listed previously" which I can´t find anywhere (p. 81).

Can someone please enlighten me where to find this knowledge or is this missing completly in the book?

Regards Marcel

Apparently, it was edited out. Here is the missing text as I wrote it.

Balance
Fencing: Balance is important in a swordfight. An off-balance character is easy to hit and a character who retains his balance is much harder to hit. Characters compare their Balance scores. The difference between two opponents' Balance scores provides a bonus to one character's attacks and his Defence score against that character. The character with the smaller Balance score may make an opposed Balance check each round to negate the bonus for that round as a free action.

Balance Effects
Difference Between Two Balance Scores Bonus to Attacks and Defence to The Most Balanced Character
0-4 +0
5-10 +1
11-17 +2
18-25 +3
26-34 +4
35+ +5

Note: Use of this skill to influence combat can needlessly prolong and complicate combat, so this use of the ability should probably be used only for climactic battles of great import, not for the slaughtering of hordes of unimportant flunkies or soldiers. It is most appropriately used for one-on-one duels, not in the chaotic melee of a mass combat.

Wow, that was a fast answer.
Thanks a lot.

At last I can sleep well, knowing I´m not blind as as bat ;-)

regards marcel

VincentDarlage said:
Apparently, it was edited out. Here is the missing text as I wrote it.

Too bad they missed it.

I looked at the new skills and feats of Argos and Zingara, the Knowledge (zingaran fencing) is pretty interesting along with the new balance rules. The related feats are awsome as well, a whole new set of zingarian characters come into mind. Despite the innate drawbaks of constitution and fort saves, the idea of a non sorcerous zingaran scholar fencer takes on, for a character that is both knowledgeable and a fair sowrdplay. I wonder if the Knowledge is power could come into play at times with Knowledge (zingaran fencing). Great rules.

Back