Anyone want to take over the Vassal mod?

katadder said:
for turns before it wasnt to hard anyway cos you had the movement trail, and with the fire arcs on counters going out at the correct angle you could see if they were overturning or not. the arc template whilst a nice idea and i appreciate your work jay will slow things down, it takes about 10-20 seconds to appear and if you do this on every ship it will slow it down.
It sounds best as used only where being precise is vitally important (e.g. for lining up a boresight that may or may not be possible, or trying to get more than one firing arc able to fire when things are tight).

Update:
I've included the available Drakh counters from Pixelgeek into the mod. I've substituted Civilian ship counters for the missing Drakh counters (Mothership,Carrier,Cruiser and Scout.)
I've stat'ed all the Drakh counters.

Anybody who owns ACTA Counters and a Scanner!
I need a picture of Starfury and Thunderbolt counter, preferably 100x100 pixels.

Whats next?

Updating stats to Arma....

i have changed the 3EA fleets to armageddon and will work on the rest tonight jayraider, dead easy once you get used to it. once all the stats are in i will send it over to you for the drakh/dilgar counters and then we just need pictures of missing ships plus the new ones. currently i am using warlocks for the marathon/nemesis and will prob use similar level ships for the new of other peoples ships.
any budding artists out there wanna do us some armageddon cuonters.

well all the ship stats for new ships and ancients added etc. however things like the ancients the special little rules obviously havent, you need armageddon for them. also we need pictures of all the new A ships and some missing ones (thunderbolts/starfuries/ drakh) altho most have subbed in pictures for now apart from the ancients who have nothing so far.
just gotta wait for Jay to add in the drakh and whatever else hes adding and its good to go i think (aaprt from needed pictures)

Can I just thank you both now? :D

I'll give you a full feedback when you post this revised edition (including on the dust clouds, etc.). If there are any typos or revisions I'd do, I'll suggest them then.

Thanks again!

The degree º symbol I used when entering most of the ships originally is just ACII code. Press and hold <ALT> while typing 0186 on your keyboards number pad.

hmm I seem to have lost track of this thread sorry Jay :p I dont acutally have any webspace to upload you the mod if you still want my version of it (theres drakh counters if nothing else (and furies etc)).

I do still have it on my laptop but the only way I can transfer a file of that size is via msn live or something like that (still if you're willing to do so Im more than happy to :D)

well I had converted all Rich Bax's Dilgar and Drakh counters and made some (if I say so myself) rather nice EA fighter counters which youre more than welcome to just take and add to your version :D

cool, get hold of jay cos hes adding the finishing touches. now we need a good artist to do some armageddon ships and ancients :D

latest update, we just got the new counters we doing for the armageddon ships until official ones come out. once these are done and in we will have it up and ready, hopefully by the end of the week depending on real life issues. (the adira and WS gunship are done, and the adira looks cool, well done to Jay on that).

Back