Any poster-sized maps of the Traveller universe?

Raalle

Mongoose
I've found some great online resources of Traveller maps but was wondering if there were ever any large maps printed of the Traveller universe (not the whole universe :roll: but the known regions of the explored galaxy).

I've done some web-searching and didn't come up with anything so I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks.

There used to be, you got a big one with, I think, the boxed edition of Megatraveller as I still have one under my bed.

klingsor said:
There used to be, you got a big one with, I think, the boxed edition of Megatraveller as I still have one under my bed.
That set has a map of the Spinward Marches:
http://www.amazon.com/Megatraveller-BOX-SET/dp/0943580498

There was also a nice one of the whole Domain of Deneb in one of the OOP Traveller magazines. Help me out here; I forget - but the issue is well worth picking up from eBay or whatever.

you'll have to make your own....and using the standard size sub-sector sheet it would be bigger than any wall you might have in your house i'lll bet. a small dot map you could make much smaller but would have no detail whatsoever.

i started making one once but after 2 sectors i reliezed it would be humongous at almost 2 feet X 3 feet for each sector. it would have
been close to 30 feet wide and 16 feet tall.

i was thinking of asking the local comic book store if i could
do one on thier ceiling but i doubt they would let me.

I've found some poster-size star maps of local stars and the galaxy (well, our neck of the woods at least).

Check out this one for example.

And also this one of the 100 nearest stars.

At that same site are star maps of 20-light-year and 30-light-year distances from Sol and plenty of links to other star maps.

So, not exactly Traveller, but very cool and, hopefully, useful.

guttaperchan said:
you'll have to make your own....and using the standard size sub-sector sheet it would be bigger than any wall you might have in your house i'lll bet. a small dot map you could make much smaller but would have no detail whatsoever.

i started making one once but after 2 sectors i reliezed it would be humongous at almost 2 feet X 3 feet for each sector. it would have
been close to 30 feet wide and 16 feet tall.

i was thinking of asking the local comic book store if i could
do one on thier ceiling but i doubt they would let me.

Yah, a map of the entire galaxy (which has actually been done, but VERY lo-res and without all the UPPs) would be pretty big using the subsector grid!!
But, then again you don't need that. Take the Domain of Deneb, perhaps, and then stretch it over to Vland and you'd still cover a whole wall; but how much dang space does one gaming group need??! You could spend your (actual) lifetime gaming in an area that size.

Back