Any idea for Brutes?

Hi. I am thinking of making a Skinnie army, made up of mostly Brutes and Tawn Riders. Do you know any good models to use for them? I was thinking that if I did a head swap, Warhammer 40,000 Kroot would make good brutes, but what could I use for Tawns?

I personally do not like to mix company's models, and would recommend gangs of mega city one figures, or the models there are, or possibly using LAMI models with green stuffed bits.

For Tawns, maybe some of those mounts the warcheif rides.

I personally don't see a problem. After all, the brutes and tawn riders aren't out and won't be till April or later. So use whatever you want. After all, I don't see MGP siccing the cops on you for using proxies till they get around to granting us the honor of using their models.

Yeah I dont see the problem either, if you dont mix companies models how are you ever going to support the small one man companies?
And besides the game was shelved before they got a chance to be released, so surely its alright in these instance?

First of I'd suggest the VSF range put out by Parroom Station, they have a very nice selection of martian savages, some incredible mounts, and if your really brave giant four armed Tharkians straight out of a John Carter book:
http://www.thelondonwarroom.com/Parroom%20Station%20Miniatures%20Index.htm#PARROOM%20STATION%20INDEX
ParroomGPHT13.jpg
baralanthA.jpg

Hmmm more Tawny thoughts coming through, thinderbolt mountain do a nice range of barbarian chicks riding terrorbird which might fit the part:

If thats not your cup of tea then theres the Vor range which had some skinny aliens with really nasty faces that have always put me off
somewhat, but they certainly are skinny, and brutish, and all of that
http://www.connectstores.com/ralpartha/sp_16726.html
40301.jpg

Maidenhead miniatures make some very nice terrorbirds designed to be ridden by barbarian chicks wearing not very much but might fit quite well:
MMTB7.jpg

http://members.optushome.com.au/cynan/Miniatures.htm

If you dont mind supporting a company like Urban Mammoth then in the Void range you'll find some nice lizard mounts WITH gas masks!!!! (Just think no more stupid "So how does this methane breathing creature breathe away from its homeland comments)
The LKt beat to\ that one but these could be fun for scenarios too:
31110.jpg

If I can think of more I'll post. I think Byrams a good poster on this forum to talk to he's pretty good at finding models apparantly :D

MaxSteiner said:
Yeah I dont see the problem either, if you dont mix companies models how are you ever going to support the small one man companies?

Thats not really what Mage was trying to say. He said that HE doesn't like using other companies models, he didn't say no one else should.

I would rather have the 'official' miniatures too, but sometimes you have no choice kwim.

The Zykhee are a good choice for bodies, but bear in mind they have an extra joint in the arms that needs to be sorted/hidden/changed.

The Paroom Station minis are a little small compared to the other Skinnies (aren't brutes meant to be bigger?).

As for mounts, the new Viridian Saurian mounts are nice. But you would need a beaked head (Krootox?).

13112.jpg

The original Saurians (from VOID) are better, but they are smaller too -

11109.jpg

Of course, if money were no problem. The original Mutie Mounts from Gorkamorka would be the best.

Damn beat me too it was just adding them to mine :D
He's mainly after the mounts, so I dont think the size is a problem realy with the Parrom stuff (And if he was using tharkians thers no problem they're huuuuuge lol)

Ok these are an outside contender, personally I've seen them in the flesh and love them (Especially at that price) but I can understan they might be a little oldschool (Or just plain silly I dont know)
Grendel-Scotia (wo now own void 1.1 for some reason...) put out a game in the nineties called Leviathan (And the infamouse Kryomek with models that still pee all over anything GW ever did with the tyranids)
http://www.scotiagrendel.com/grendel/leviathan.html
20004.jpg

20005.jpg

20011.jpg
[/img]

MaxSteiner said:
Damn beat me too it was just adding them to mine :D
He's mainly after the mounts, so I dont think the size is a problem realy with the Parrom stuff (And if he was using tharkians thers no problem they're huuuuuge lol)

Lol!

I still reckon the Mutie Raiders would be the best (but finding them would be hard).

mmutier7.jpg

Hmmm, they did say the greens were done didn't they, but I thought all that had been confirmed was the skinny venerable marauder?

MaxSteiner said:
Hmmm, they did say the greens were done didn't they, but I thought all that had been confirmed was the skinny venerable marauder?

IIRC it was pretty much all the hitherto-unreleased Skinnies, plus the LAMI officers+special weapons pack were still coming out.

EDIT: also up on the main page right now are the following:

Oct 2006
MI Light Armour Specials
Skinnie Guard Heavy Weapons

Nov 2006
MI Cougar Exosuit Officer
MI Grizzly Exosuit Officer

Dec 2006
MI Power Suit Specials

If you look at the schedule for the two months after next month's releases, there are exo officers coming out, as well as 'Power suit specials', whatever they are. :?:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1328&qsSeries=Starship%20Troopers#

the Heroes of the MI sniper, 2 minis with Triple Thuds (look to be from the veteran MI set) and the Flamer from the Veteran MI set.

Hmmm.... Seems like Mongoose is finally getting round to offering blisters thats a good move! :D (Yay!!!!)
I hope we do get to see some of the other unreleased skinny stuff, theres a long time before the restart after all. But saying that if they aren't up to scratch it'd be better they weren't released...

No, just me and reborn play in the oxfordshire area.

Everyones waffling in WFB, Warmachine (which I am) and legends of the old west.

Back