Any chance for the D20 Sommerlund Guide to come out as PDF?

Since the news of the 2nd Edition of Lone Wolf coming out, and working with an expanded Lone Wolf Gamebook system, it's not that big a surprise that the planned D20 print products were put on the backburner. I'm pretty sure, though, that there would be a market for them still, and as pdf files, they wouldn't incur that much in production/storage costs. So I wonder, is there a chance the D20 variant of the Sommerlund Guide might see the light as a pdf, and if yes, who'd have to be bribed for it to happen? :D

I'd buy it. Are there any plans to tweek it for release with the new system. A Sommerlund guide would do well whatever the system.

WW

Whoa, Winter Wolf...now you chased off all the crickets that started feeling at home in this thread. :wink:

I'd definitely buy it, too, especially since it's actually finished and in Mongoose's hands as far as I heard...all it'd take was to make it into a good-looking pdf and offer it on DriveThru or RPGnow. :)

I would buy it too.. and I would even buy a Dawn of Destruction PDF since here in Italy will never be pubblished altought it has been announced years ago... :evil:

Yeah, that's where I bought mine, very reasonable, and embarrassingly what I thought was copy protection ended up being an old version of adobe on windows so I have my pdfs working again!

Geron Raveneye said:
Whoa, Winter Wolf...now you chased off all the crickets that started feeling at home in this thread. :wink:

I'd definitely buy it, too, especially since it's actually finished and in Mongoose's hands as far as I heard...all it'd take was to make it into a good-looking pdf and offer it on DriveThru or RPGnow. :)

Sorry not my intention. :)

I'm actually a great fan of the D20 game and supplements I think it could have matured with more supplements into an outstanding rpg. Unfortunately as it stands the main book is fine but the supplements feel a little unbalnced and unfinished no warrior source book and no bestiary. A huge pity it's a great game and magnamund has so much scope for source books.

WW

Geron Raveneye said:
...all it'd take was to make it into a good-looking pdf and offer it on DriveThru or RPGnow. :)

Mongoose only has a small staff. It would require taking one of their editors away from one of their Conan/B5/Traveller/RQ books to do it. And they would probably have to pay for the artwork - even if they used existing artwork, it might require a fee to the artist.

Turning a book that is written into a good-looking finished publication isn't quick, easy and cost free. Mongoose would be have to be sure that it would sell.

Hopefully they will be able to reuse the bulk of what was written and produce a Magnamund companion for the new RPG.

Hello,

I really like to buy such a product.

When could it be available ?

Don't understand why there are no roleplaying supplements for Lone Wolf since a long time !

Lokhuzor said:
Don't understand why there are no roleplaying supplements for Lone Wolf since a long time !
Because there's supposed to be a new LW RPG with a new system coming out soon. In fact, it was supposed to be released this month, but now we are waiting a word from Mongoose about a release date.

To elijah-sabretooth,
I think - but I'm not sure - that the italian translation of "Dawn of Destruction" is "L'alba della luna di sangue", that you can download for free from the site of Editori Folli. The link is http://www.luposolitariogdr.it/Download/Advent.html

Sorry for my poor English...

xwolvie said:
To elijah-sabretooth,
I think - but I'm not sure - that the italian translation of "Dawn of Destruction" is "L'alba della luna di sangue",

Luna... sangue... that looks more like the Bloodmoon Rising scenario.

exactly.. that's Blood moon rising..
Editor Folli would never (like any other editor) pubblish on the net for free something on which it has spent some money in order to have the rights of pubblication like DoD :wink:
BTW DoD in Italian would it be "L'alba della distruzione"

thanks anyway :wink:

Is there any news about the releasing of the Sommerlund sourcebook as it would be good to have it ?

And for the Second Edition of the game, any news ?

Since I wrote the Sommerlund Guide, all I can say is there's no news at the moment. I believe Mongoose are focussing upon other things to do with Lone Wolf...however it doesn't mean I'm not gonna keep hassling Charlie about it ;) or Joe ;)

*hint hint*

Back