And the Snows Will Run Red with the Blood of Our Enemies

Red Tulwar

Mongoose
I've written a little one-shot scenario for an upcoming gaming convention hosted twice a year by a friend of mine. I've posted the adventure on my website (though the link is hidden from my freinds and players). I plan to GM this one during the Con. Check it out and feel free to use it if you like:
http://scarlet-blades.com/GM_Notes_123.htm

By the way, my friend's convention is called Willcon. If you're interested, check out the webpage:
http://www.willcon.net

Wow! This looks Great! Do you have pre-gen characters for the addventure or do you have people make characters before the adventure starts?

MightyCthulhu said:
Do you have pre-gen characters for the addventure or do you have people make characters before the adventure starts?

I'm making the pre-gens myself, but I'll be using the one page form-fillable PDF sheet when I do it. Since I don't have a copy of Adobe Acrobat, I won't be able to save them or post them on my site. All I can do is create and print. Sorry!

Just want to say thank you as I have been utilizing your stuff (as well as others) and I really appreciate it!

Thanks Red! :)

Hi all.

I just ran this adventure for my two sons and their friend. Her's how it went...

I have an NPC named Cael, he is a Cimmerian Barbarian.
with Cael are
Sakumba, Black Kingdom Barbarian/Border
Vali, Nordheimer Barbarian/Soldier &
Forsetti, Hyperborean Barbarian/Soldier.

(all 2nd level)

I ran these lads through a mini adventures in Pictland (having Sakumba sail up while the others raided down) to justify them getting together. Having become friends, Cael invited the others to his homeland for some rest only to find the village destroyed, the women stolen. Also just arriving was one of the provided NPC's Eanbotha.

They followed the Vanir who did the vile deed for many a long day until coming upon the spot where the Vanir were themselves attacked. They found the two trails leading from the spot and decided to follow that of the large prints. They determined that if the vanir were fleeing bloodied, than their womanfolk were with the victors (who's path did not seem blooded). They were correct.

Within the large cave (with everyone easily climbing the 60 foot escarpment), they found the women huddled in the corner about to become a meal for the Ice demon (monkeys) they fell upon the beasts with much gusto.

(since my boys are young, their char's are young, and I tend to roll REALLY well as a DM, I made the beasts a bit easier by knocking off 10 hp's (from 40 to 30) and allowign them to be hit on DV 16)

The fight was perilous. Eanbotha was slammed hard and was knocked over, but was able to reengage. The lads worked hard at flanking (a manuever not lost upon them) and soon they were trading blows. The beasts gave as good as they got for afew rounds, and Cael was knocked down low. With two more members of the group at less than 5 hp's left, the beasts were defeated and the group were victorious.

My boys had a great time and I thank Red Tulwar for his submission. PS I like the MS word char sheets. Please consider modifying them to include Sorcery requirements...(magic attack bonus et al)

Thanks

Arkobla

Arkobla Conn said:
My boys had a great time and I thank Red Tulwar for his submission.
You're very welcome! Glad you enjoyed it. I have several more even nastier scenarios in the works... :twisted:

Arkobla Conn said:
PS I like the MS word char sheets. Please consider modifying them to include Sorcery requirements...(magic attack bonus et al)
I'll see what I can do if I free up some free time. In the meantime feel free to modify them yourself. I'll even post your doc on my site if you want to share.

I may just try that Red...but I'm afraid for all the years I've been using MS Word...I have never put anything together quite like that. It seems like you've designed a paper sized spreadsheet, with sections haveing different sizes/dimensions/margins...hrm...maybe I'll learn something...

Looking forward to the next adventures...

Ark

I have run it twice, once for my regular group and once at Necronomicon. It has bee alot of fun but I do have a question. Why did you make the characters different levels? Don't get me wrong now, I am not complaining I am just wondering why.

The links don't work for me. Where can I get this adventure? The name is conanesque, I'll give it that!

Have you checked the date of the post Sir hackalot replied to? I think the links may be a smidge out of date...

I'm looking for the stat blocks for the PCs in this adventure. If you've been following my development thread, I stole these names for most of the major NPCs in my game. I'm curious what their stats look like.

Does anybody still have these stat blocks that the can share with me?

Back