And so the ACTA painting begins...

Alexb83

Mongoose
After having picked up a few models yesterday, I kicked off on painting them with a G'quon, IMO one of the cooler looking ships from the series...

NarnCruiser.jpg

Aside from the nemesis behind, I've got minbari to do for November. Oh... and I need to learn how to play the game by then, too :S

Thanks... that one took a few hours of redoing to try and get the lines clean. Also, painting the upper and lower level separately would've made it easier, as it's fiddly to get under them.

I couldn't quite get the red mottled as on the CGI version at http://www.isnnews.net/hyperspace/narn/narnstcr_lg1.jpg, but I'm not too fussed :)

Here's the Nemesis finished... quick and easy, but I added a few coloured lights.

nemesis.jpg

Paint my ships! :lol: I've finally completed my Narn fleet(well once the Dag'kar and last four Ka'Tocs actually arrive) but they're pretty much unpainted. The one ship I tried painting looks god aweful so I decided they look better unpainted. :D

Celisasu said:
Paint my ships! :lol: I've finally completed my Narn fleet(well once the Dag'kar and last four Ka'Tocs actually arrive) but they're pretty much unpainted. The one ship I tried painting looks god aweful so I decided they look better unpainted. :D

LBH went one better and decided they looked better unbuilt :lol:
(until now, it looks like he might be painting his 5 white stars :eek: )

The G'Quan looks great. I agree - one of the coolest ships in the show. Love the scene where it jumps in and takes out the Primus in 'And Now for a Word'.

The Nemesis looks good too! That is a TON of Torothas...

Low Roller 1-1 said:
Celisasu said:

LBH went one better and decided they looked better unbuilt :lol:
(until now, it looks like he might be painting his 5 white stars :eek: )

Some of mine look better unbuilt. Notably all of the Vorchans and some of the G'Quans. :lol: I haven't built up the urge to drill some new holes into everything yet and have no immediate need for them so I've just sort of left them packed up for now.

WOW! :shock:

If you can do these "quick and easy" I am afraid to see you put any effort behind these. The G'Quan is beautiful and that Nemesis is great.

I can't wait to see that fleet of Torthas in the first pic painted...

6 torothas there - I've got the fleet and reinforcement boxes to paint. Currently working on one sharlin, then I'll go on to the others. Hopefully I'll have that to post tonight after work.

I'm torn as to what to put into a 5 point raid fleet - the Morshin looks good, as does the heavy scout and the tigara variants. Decisions, decisions :)

Alexb83 said:
Here's Sharlin no. 1 complete. The other two will have to wait until after all the others are done...
Very pretty. I do think the Sharlin best suits the 'by the book' scheme more than any other B5 design.

Wulf

Back