Ancients Clarifications/Errata

Clarifications:
Egyptian Priest class says it uses both prayer and Hekau. Many of the spells have DCs for both of these. Am I right to assume the Egyptian priest can only use Hekau to cast spells with DCs for both Hekau and prayer? If the priest can pick either, why are many of the DCs the same?

Errata:
Page 175, Close Grievous Wounds: The aDCs listed are for Hekau and Prayer, but when you read the spell it talks about the cost for using Witchcraft as well. Obviously this is wrong somewhere. Can Witchcraft be used? If so, what's the DC?

Although an Egyptian priest can use Hekau as well as Prayer, a Greek priest cannot, hence why there are many spells with both Prayer and Hekau DCs...

IMO, I would say that an Egyptian priest could use either method to cast these spells, depending on hit points remaining / prayer modifier.

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:
Clarifications:
Egyptian Priest class says it uses both prayer and Hekau. Many of the spells have DCs for both of these. Am I right to assume the Egyptian priest can only use Hekau to cast spells with DCs for both Hekau and prayer? If the priest can pick either, why are many of the DCs the same?

The priest can pick either. The difference is that Hekau costs him hit points, while Prayer ups the DC of future miracle requests. Essentially, he has the choice between drawing on his own power, or channeling the power of the Gods. Egyptian priests don't actually become able to cast spells with Hekau until level 3. They also don't have the 'free miracle' class feature of the Greek priest.

Page 175, Close Grievous Wounds: The aDCs listed are for Hekau and Prayer, but when you read the spell it talks about the cost for using Witchcraft as well. Obviously this is wrong somewhere. Can Witchcraft be used? If so, what's the DC?

Yes, it can, and the DC is 30.

This was posted elsewhere, but this seems like a more appropriate thread to post on:

Question/errata: page 222 states: “The table below (Propitiation) shows which deities are to be propitiated under which circumstances <correct>. The proper sacrifice is given alongside each one <this is missing from the table!>.

The entry for Poseidon in the gods section: Under disfavor it has swim checks. Under favorable checks it has.... you guessed it.... swim checks.

Now I'm guessing the disfavor is wrong. What should be there?

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:
The entry for Poseidon in the gods section: Under disfavor it has swim checks. Under favorable checks it has.... you guessed it.... swim checks.

Now I'm guessing the disfavor is wrong. What should be there?

Nope, both entries are correct.

As the God of the Seas, Poseidon can choose to be merciful or harsh with those who enter his realm. A worshipper of Poseidon can spend Divine Points to gain bonuses to Swim checks (amongst others) on a 1 for 2 basis. That's how favoured checks work.

However, someone who is disfavoured by Poseidon takes a -2 divine penalty on all Swim checks, as the God is all the more keen to drag him down. Don't forget to make those sacrifices before you set sail.

Back