Allen Varney (and Mongoose) at U.K. Convention

Phil Masters

Mongoose
U.K. Paranoia fans (and others) might like to know and to note that Allen Varney, the man himself, will be at a UK convention in August 2005 - along with representatives of the Mongoose, who'll have a table in the trade hall.

The convention in question is Consternation, in Cambridge, August 12th-14th. Membership is currently £27, but will cost more on the door - and good, cheap on-site accommodation is available, so signing up in advance is a good idea.

Further information (including a downloadable flyer/membership form) can be found at http://www.consternation.org.uk/.

(Oh, and I should have mentioned; we've got somebody promising to run a Paranoia/Call of Cthulhu crossover LARP at the convention.)

To clarify for baffled PARANOIA fans: The reason you might care about my attendance at Phil's fine convention is that I designed Mongoose's new PARANOIA edition (2004).

(Sorry - I assumed that Paranoia players learned to read the small print on everything. Or does it just get too depressing in play?)

And incidentally, Allen (yes, the designer of Paranoia XP will be running a Paranoia scenario at the convenion.

(Must check when the Paranoia card game will be out, and whether Mongoose will be bringing it along, in final or maybe preview form...)

Phil Masters said:
And incidentally, Allen (yes, the designer of Paranoia XP will be running a Paranoia scenario at the convenion.
Ooo... that wasn't mentioned in the last update. Looking forward to that one - playing or just observing!

Phil Masters said:
(Must check when the Paranoia card game will be out, and whether Mongoose will be bringing it along, in final or maybe preview form...)
I hope so. Looking forward to playing that one...

Back