Aliens of Charted Space Vol. 3 - Pre-Order & PDF

Sam-Rockwell-as-Zaphod-Beeblebrox.jpg

there are references to the Darrians having a border with the Zhodani, that seems a bit of a stretch to me
I’m sorry, but I do not believe there are any references to the Darrians sharing a border with the Zhodani. I’d be interested in knowing where that reference is.

Look at that! Elves, dwarves, lizard people and no less than two types of merfolk!

Silliness aside, based on first impressions, it looks like yet another solid entry into an ever growing library of Traveller books!

Getting more races fleshed out like this truly helps the setting come alive.

Haven’t gotten very far in the book yet with the proper reading, mostly checking out gear, ships and vehicles so far.

Gotta say I love the design of everything Darrian! Their armours do look a bit elven-like, and stealthy archers combined with heavy “almost magic-wielding” elite troops… love it!

Their VRF Gauss rifle is a beast! Compared to the imperial VRF Gauss gun it packs a heavier punch in a much smaller package, impressive!

Good to see some more magrail weaponry as well, from the Geonee! And their grav cannons - wow! Impressive hardware!

Looking at the various ship designs throughout the book, I’m guessing they were designed with the original High Guard, not the update? Barracks tonnage for instance.

I did stumble upon a few things:

P.73 Traits and fire control look a bit off

P.78 Armoured Bulkheads appear twice in the stat sheet.
P.86 Does accurate and high yield do anything on a missile rack?

P.88 particle barbette with builtin beam laser?

P.138 fusion plant should mean unlimited range?

P.185 Mud Crab stat block seems to be displaced by one step

P.264 wouldn’t a fusion plant mean unlimited range for the land train? Also, if possible it would be helpful to know how many free spaces there are for customization.

I wanna build a merc force with a land train as their mobile base!

Looking at the various ship designs throughout the book, I’m guessing they were designed with the original High Guard, not the update? Barracks tonnage for instance.
The ships where originally designed without that but the stats where updated. Hopefully the updated ones made it into the book.

The ships where originally designed without that but the stats where updated. Hopefully the updated ones made it into the book.
I’ve only noticed it with barracks, and as far as I’ve seen they all use 2 dt per inhabitant, with dolphins specifically mentioning twice the size at 4 dt - in the 2022 update barracks only require 1 dt per passenger

thanks for spotting these. I passed them on.

The engine has no spare spaces. If you multiply the tons of cargo space in the carriages that will give you the free spaces.
Oh I see, my bad! I misinterpreted this piece “are able to be modified for almost any environment and circumstance, having enough space within to install airlocks, life support systems and even weapons” to mean that there was unused slots within the design, but that refers to the cargo space in each carriage then?

Oh I see, my bad! I misinterpreted this piece “are able to be modified for almost any environment and circumstance, having enough space within to install airlocks, life support systems and even weapons” to mean that there was unused slots within the design, but that refers to the cargo space in each carriage then?
Indeed :)

Right. You can vote at 18, but your brain isn't fully developed until 25, which is why insurance companies give you a discount at that age.

As I recall my Georgette Heyer, it used to be twenty four.

And voting depended on how much land you owned.

If you went back a further two millenia, you only got drafted if you had a freehold, but no restrictions on drinking age.

Just received my copy, very nice.

I notice that the skill tables for Darrian Entertainer and Envoy have the same heading labels P42 & P44
View attachment 853

View attachment 854

Additionally are the stat maximums for the Dolphin and Orca increased from 15?
That was also my question. Especialy the orcas, having a whopping STR+8 and END+4, I find it weird/wastefull that they are seemingly limited to 15 for these stats.

Back