Age of Treason - Legend Blog Update

Simulacrum

Mongoose
For those of you following Age of Treason, the first published setting under the Legend badge, you can check out the Age of Treason blog, which you can find here:

http://draconianpress.net/ageoftreason/

The latest posts are a delve into history, looking at how classic 1980's box sets Thieves' World and Griffin Island found a home in the setting.

And don't forget that if you are planning to run the mini-campaign provided in the Age of Treason book you'll also find a bonus episode to download if you look into the blog archives for November, titled Strictly Courtroom.

All best

IS

New Age of Treason blog entry today (follow link in previous post) - this one offers some design notes on the thinking behind the setting.

Next post will provide some additional content...

All best

IS

You can find a new free Pdf download for Age of Treason over at the blog. This time it's a Player Handout comprising 'What My Father Told Me' material to give some cues for playing Taskan characters, a 'Common Knowledge' Guide to Tarsenia for briefing the players and another that provides a brief overview of the city of Zarina.

Let me know if any problems accessing the file etc.

Simulacrum said:
You can find a new free Pdf download for Age of Treason over at the blog. This time it's a Player Handout comprising 'What My Father Told Me' material to give some cues for playing Taskan characters, a 'Common Knowledge' Guide to Tarsenia for briefing the players and another that provides a brief overview of the city of Zarina.

Let me know if any problems accessing the file etc.

very nice! Thanks for this material...

The Iron Simulacrum has directed me to make it known that you now have the option to subscribe to his posts.

If you visit the blog page, you can enter your email address to receive notification when he places new material on the blog roll. In turn, we promise never to spam you or sell your details to itinerant merchants of dubious morals.

http://draconianpress.net/ageoftreason/

Regards,

Scribe of the Simulacrum.

That reminds me. I've just checked the stores. I've run out of dubious morals. I'll have to go to the market and get some from the merchants soon, and try out some of the new shady ethics line they're offering as tasters.

The scribe looks up from his writing desk with a sigh, adds a comma with one flick of his quill pen:

'In turn, we promise never to spam you or sell your details to itinerant merchants, of dubious morals.'

Thus returning his sentence to the meaning with which he intended it to convey. The Simulacrum keeps his amanuensis very busy with Imperial edicts, so he trusts you will allow him this one solecism.

Scribe of the Simulacrum.

Dear all

Today we've put up on the blog what should be the first of a string of NPCs for use in an AoT campaign. The first example is an Adventurer who can be friend, rival, foe or simply used as a pre-gen for an experienced character.

Let us know what you think - next one should be up before the end of the week,

Very best

IS

Hi gents

There's a new NPC posted to the AoT blog today, please go check him out and let me know any questions or comments! This one is the Korantine adventurer Belisar Nine-Scars, and his stats include an Allied Spirit and his trusty warhorse.

All best,

IS

New blog post today gives you a run-down of the contents of the forthcoming Age of Treason: The Iron Companion book. Come take a look!

I just read this latest one.

Oh. :eek:

I read it again, and went Oh :eek: a second time.

This guy's an NPC I will definitely use if I get to running an AoT story. The players will have to work it out for themselves, and then have to explain things to the guy, because I'll guarantee none of the NPCs will get it ... and those who do, won't explain either ... :D

Yes indeedy. It's a thorny (scaly) problem. The other party in the situation will be detailed in another book I am working on for later this year, Shores of Korantia, where Thyrta, a Korantine colony close to the Forest of Sard, will be base of operations.

marit said:
Is there a place to download the Age of Treason character sheet?

Yes on the product page on the mongoose website, which is here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/legend/age-of-treason/age-of-treason-core-book.html

Big thanks to Kirche - you can now download a fillable PDF of the AoT character sheet from the blog.

You will also find some new musings on current work going on for future books, since I have not had time to get a new character file uploaded this week (need to get quicker at turning out those sketches).

Those who do not check out the blog may find their apostacy examined by an inquisitor.

Very busy with work etc recently, so I have not had a chance to get more NPCs up on the blog. However I did add a summary chart of the AoT Combat Styles today. There's been a lot of discussion over what Combat Styles should and should not be and how many weapons fall into each style. The AoT list gives an example of how it can be handled in a specific setting with some parameters over what is possible, as compared to taking the full RAW weapons list and trying to work out the right way to parcel it up.

So go take a look, as there are not many examples of a comprehensive Combat Style break-down to look at. Maybe it will be a help to some and something to chew on for others.

Today I added a 4 page free pdf to the blog that provides resurrection magic for the Basat cult, and also outlines a Treasonous plot against the empire hatched by a devotee of the god of truth, light and life.

Other recent PDF's put on the blog include:

A summary of AoT Combat Styles
3 NPC character profiles with full stats
A fillable pdf form AoT character sheet
Strictly Courtroom - a courtroom drama scenario

Back