Advice on Setting High and Dry in Sindal sub sector

Zombiecowboy

Mongoose
Ive been considering using the scenario high and dry to start my campaign. I’d like to modify the scenario so the characters get the harrier from the Pirates of Drinax campaign based on the above scenario instead of it just being handed to them. Does anyone have any advice on porting this over to the Sindal and/or other nearby sub sector of the Trojan Reach?

Remember that there is usually more than one planet in a system. High and Dry is set on a lower population world, so it is very plausible to be a minor world. Pick where you want to start, and put it in the nearest system with a pop higher than the one listed. As a secondary world, you don't even have to change any names.

Remember that there is usually more than one planet in a system. High and Dry is set on a lower population world, so it is very plausible to be a minor world. Pick where you want to start, and put it in the nearest system with a pop higher than the one listed. As a secondary world, you don't even have to change any names.
Oooh ok, I didn’t even realize you could do that! That makes my life so much easier!

What Arkathan said...
But if you want a Mainworld near Drinax, then either Blue or Tanith would work, just add some Vargr

I actually used this exact scenario for my first two sessions.
On Asim.

It worked great!
Cool!

Any advice or changes you made?

My first session is tomorrow. I’ve decided to set it on Blue, but since I have two Aslan in my crew I’m going to change the racism to Aslan instead of Vargr since I feel like it will increase the challenge of trying to be helpful to the people of the planet. Also, depending on their actions it will influence wether or not Blue decides to ally with Drinax or not.

Cool!

Any advice or changes you made?

My first session is tomorrow. I’ve decided to set it on Blue, but since I have two Aslan in my crew I’m going to change the racism to Aslan instead of Vargr since I feel like it will increase the challenge of trying to be helpful to the people of the planet. Also, depending on their actions it will influence wether or not Blue decides to ally with Drinax or not.
Unfortunately not, if you aren't running it on Asim I don't have that much to add.
What I did was mostly add things to the planet in order to give some verisimilitude.

But I can recommend watching Seth Skorkovskys video on High N Dry on youtube. :) It's great!
Good luck!

I started my campaign on Monday. There was a bunch of character creation stuff to finish up and purchasing of gear so we didn’t get to do too much. The crew has been tasked by King Oleb to get the Harrier from Blue so it can be refitted at the Floating Palace. The ship was recently discovered by Drinaxian spies and It upsets the king that his property has been found in the hands of low life scoundrels.

They took passage on the Autumn Gold, who needed to make a layover at Clarke, drop them off at Blue and then make their final delivery at Exocet. One of my players ended up seducing Captain Corelli during the Jump to Clarke.

At Clarke, the crew learned a little about the planets history, met Keeper Malos and had an encounter with a sleazy tour guide named Nine-Fingers Nicky. He was offering them a chance to see the Relic Quarry at the ruins of Hiewad City. One of the players didn’t take kindly to his offer and punched out Nicky’s grav car tire with a knuckle blaster glove punch! Port security arrived and fortunately due to some fast talking (and extortion by Nicky) things were smoothed over.

Next session the crew will arrive at Blue and begin trying to recover the Harrier currently going by the name High and Dry.

Not exactly how I imagined things going but everyone had fun and that’s the important part.

Ive been considering using the scenario high and dry to start my campaign. I’d like to modify the scenario so the characters get the harrier from the Pirates of Drinax campaign based on the above scenario instead of it just being handed to them. Does anyone have any advice on porting this over to the Sindal and/or other nearby sub sector of the Trojan Reach?

I did exactly this. Using Cordillon, with the players starting at the Imperial naval base on Empire.

Started with the noble who'd rolled a yacht in character generation being sent a holo of Oleb saying "That yacht I promised you - I've got something better! Much better! SO much better! ...but there's been a terrible mis-jump when testing its engines, and the crew's bugged out, so you need to fetch it from Cordillon and bring it back to Drinax for repairs. But it's awesome! You'll love it!"

One session in so far, they've flown the Harrier through the hypoclastic cloud, adopted the wolf and called it Chewie, and we're off and going. We did one round of combat when Chewie tried to steal a backpack with food in it and the marine tried to shoot Chewie, which was kind of ideal as a first combat with an unfamiliar system. As I last played Traveller in the 1980s, and most of my players are brand new, High and Dry was nice.

But I might come to regret just how far away we have started from Drinax - 10 jumps at jump-2. It may take a couple more sessions just to get to the Letter of Marque.

But I might come to regret just how far away we have started from Drinax - 10 jumps at jump-2. It may take a couple more sessions just to get to the Letter of Marque.
Seems like a great opportunity to seed some rumors, set up some NPCs, give the players some knowledge about the various ports… they won’t know it but they’ll but scouting potential havens for future endeavors!

Back