Advanced Jump Point

blacktorn

Mongoose
In a game can I split my fleet and let part of it in hiperspace and during the battle use the advanced jump point to get the enemies ships in the aft arcs?

Ok! I got it,but a I loved in the TV show when the shadows usually came from nowhere firing at a fleet and then went away.
I will think about a house rule about that.

blacktorn said:
Ok! I got it,but a I loved in the TV show when the shadows usually came from nowhere firing at a fleet and then went away.
I will think about a house rule about that.

If you do that, the Shadow player is going to win most games. His weapons are horrendously nasty, and there wont be much of the fleet left to shoot back. Hash's shadow war fleet, ambushed Burgers Minbari War fleet. If it was not for Hash's good sportsmanship, Burger would have had nothing left.

Yeah that was a great fun scenario. Set up my fleet, get a Sharlin ganked, and the Shadows disappear. I lose without rolling a single dice.

But yes, the Shadows do come out of nowhere, they don't have to place a jump point when they come out of hyperspace... they just appear wherever they like.

I will try and test a scenario where maybe only 25% of the fleet can stay in hiperspace,that will give a better chance.

A different question, but it fits so nicely.

If you have a ship waiting in hyperspace. When can it arrive on the battlefield?

A: Ship in hyperspace is activated, opens jumpt point. And then you can fly right through.

B: Like when fleeing via jump point, you open up a jump point and move through the turn after.

Which is it?

B for most fleets...
A for Shadows except without the "jump point", they just appear the turn they are activated, wherever you like.

Thx. ^^

Ahh yes the Shadows, but they do have a peculiar mastery over hyperspace and have foregone Jump points. Damn them....as long as EA doesnt unlock that technology.......

Soon we will unlock all that lovely shadowtech, then let the universe beware :twisted:

AAAARRRRR KHHHAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!

OOps wrong universe.......

But uhhh yes, that would be dangerous. At least the Narn started using interceptors.

Lord David the Denied said:
So you can move through a jump point the same turn it's opened? I thought you had to wait until next turn to jump to realspace?
Err only if you're Shadows, re-read the above ;)

Shadows get much more efficient jump technology which makes up for their inability to gratuitiously AJP bomb people into nothing....although that may be going awy somewhat in armageddon.

That and it makes a shadow ambush appropriately scary....you can hyperspace in AND attack on your 'free turn'

locarno24 said:
That and it makes a shadow ambush appropriately scary....you can hyperspace in AND attack on your 'free turn'
Yeah, at least the scouts still can't use their Scout trait, since they performed the SA "Initiate Jump Point" in the turn in which they appear.

Actually, Shadows only need to give that order to enter hyperspace when jumping away, they don`t need to give it to enter real space (SFOS p105
), they can act, move and attack normally during the turn it leaves hyperspace

Back