Additions to the fleet

Court Jester

Mongoose
The idea with the two colour schemes is that the fleet is made up of ships from two different houses... Or maybe the personal fleets of 2 princes... somthing like that...

mongoose017.jpg

mongoose018.jpg

I have painted the three Maximus frigates for the fleet as well although they are tiny fleet action scale models... I am waiting on some flying stands from mongoose before I can finish them though.

That is a great idea. It add character to your fleet. I have to say that you have the best painted Cen. fleet I have ever seen. I lover your to color schemes. Keep it up I would really like to see you paint up an Aderia. With your skill at painting you could paint the detail it needs to look good. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!

Considering how close the colour-schemes are, I would probably go with 2 branches of the same family.
The Brighter colours might be those of the younger branch that is just coming into its own...

Simply beautiful. I wish that I could learn blending like that. I still rely heavily on dry brushing. Your models look outstanding!

Probably the best ACtA miniture painting I've seen so far!

I'm impressed and should like to see them in person if I ever get the chance :)

Thanks for your very kind words... :oops:

Triggy said:

Well you already fought against the Vorchan/Demos element of the fleet... :wink:

I will be at Mongoose's TLT event in January... Hopefully by then I will have added a second Primus and Balvarin, 6 Maximus, 4 more Vorchan's and an Octurion. Maybe if I have time I'll set about an Adira convertion.

emperorpenguin said:
How do you paint your gold?

I start with GW Tin Bitz, then highlight it first with GW Beaten Copper then P3 Rhuric Gold and a final highlight of GW's Burnished Gold. Then when i am shading the figure I mix chaos black with Tin Bitz and wter it down, I then paint this into the recesses and then finally in specific places I use pure black watered down.

EDFDarkAngel1 said:
Is that Tamija Smoke?

Nope just watered down black painted into the recesses and built up over a few layers. As well as a few layers of watered down Tin Bitz mixed with Black.

Court Jester said:
Thanks for your very kind words... :oops:

Triggy said:

Well you already fought against the Vorchan/Demos element of the fleet... :wink:
True, I think that says a little for the lighting and a lot for my lack of attention :oops: (I noticed they were nice but never really got down for proper scrutiny)

What colour did you use on the second fleet? The first one already looks good, but I just love the dark tones of the second ships!

Damn you CJ!!! Its people like you who make us mere mortals think our fleets are total crap! Grrrrrr :p

(Beutiful ships, I may have to hunt you down and make you repaint all mine at gunpoint at this rate :twisted: )

Back