ACTA / SF Errors - pease read start of thread before posting

OK that what I thought, just making sure.

Historically, yes they only got one KC9R, but the plan was for them to buy others, it just never happened. I would suggest the OK6 would be a better example of a unique ship.

As would the TK5 and the D7H Anarchist. That's three unique ships, and there is certainly the potential for others to turn up.

I don't see a lot of point in restricting players' fleet choices unless there's a good game-balance reason to do so. OK6, TK5, D7H are all fun ships but really nothing special in their respective fleets. Unlike, say, the Millenium Falcon which should get a special rule because Han Solo always shoots first damn you George Lucas!! Ahem. That is, players who want to play historically accurately should be allowed to do so, but less obsessed players should not be restricted from playing the fleet that they want.

Asguard101 said:
OK that what I thought, just making sure.

Historically, yes they only got one KC9R, but the plan was for them to buy others, it just never happened. I would suggest the OK6 would be a better example of a unique ship.

If you're going to allow for the possibility of 4 KC9Rs, you might as well leave the freakshow ships as non-unique too. Canon is the only thing limiting any of them to solo status, and the Klingons do seem to have been exceptionally careless about leaving pieces of their starships behind on the battlefield. Blaming the servant races for mutinying really starts to get thin after a while - seems more likely that the Empire was fielding such a large fleet by taking the "Spectacularly Inept Bridge Crew" discount on a few too many hulls:

"Fire alpha strike!" shouts the Klingon captain.

Crewman punches Big Red Button. Ka-chung, boom ejects from rear hull.

"No!!! The other Big Red Button!"

In the rapidly receding aft hull, the crew are putting on their "We welcome our (new) alien overlords!" tee shirts and setting the replicators to produce Hydran/Tholian/Orion Slave Girl plushy dolls.

And let's face it, I'm sure after they caught and converted their first one the Tholians were all gung-ho to take any more starship butts could get their claws on. They'd already done all the hard work of figuring out how to rewire the life support systems from "comfy Klingon" to "roasting alive Klingon" without also frying all the other equipment on board, so why not get some more mileage out of it? They could always use more ships - wouldn't surprise if they'd dreamed up a conversion for sticking a war cruiser on in place of a C9's boom, just in case the opportunity arose. :)

Well, if you're going to have "Unique", then perhaps you should also have "Limited Availability" for ships that were never built in huge numbers. Or for ships, if you have a timeline for Year-in-Service date, that are new to the fleet, or very old and not built anymore. Examples would be DW / CW during the early war year, and pre-war designs of DD / CL during the late war era.

It was stickied for a while. It would be handy for it to be stickied, at least until the official errata is published.

starbreaker said:

If you're going to allow for the possibility of 4 KC9Rs, you might as well leave the freakshow ships as non-unique too. [/quote]

We are not in the business of telling players what they can and cannot have in their own fleets!

Can I have a Shadow ship in my Klingon fleet then ;) fair enough re Unique

with regard to drifting topic - if I get time I'll open another thread on this interesting discussion :)

Limits on ships would be something for a campaign rule rather than a general rule.

Same for unique traits, after all how many BBs did most of the races build.

If you want your tourney fleet to consist of a pair of KC9Rs thats up to you, of course the other players are going to run rings around you on initiative due to having many more ships :lol:

In terms of year in service and such like I didn't notice any such dates so again this would be a multi year campaign sort of thing.

Re the shadow ship in your klink fleet. Of course you can. However in the spirit of fair play the rest of us will then field Fed fleets with Vulcan telepaths onboard :twisted:

hermitbob said:
pg.7 Crippled Ships: Super-Maneuverable should be Agile , there is no rule for Super-Maneuverable ships.

Shuttles are Super Manueverable. The rule for SM is on page 5. Although, while shuttles can't be crippled, there may be ships (or monsters?) that can be later on.

We're down to police cutters, which are agile, so the only thing smaller is a PF Fast Patrol boat (Klingon Gunboat). And actually, I would not want to see those be super-maneuverable; rather, I'd want to see them as Agile & Fast and turn mode of 2".

Essentially it is shuttles (and fighters if they are done) that are SM.

Consider it as a rule that is there for completeness. Or if you are cynical, left over from and earlier draft of the rules when shuttles had damage, or even from B5's Vree.

Sgt_G said:
We're down to police cutters, which are agile, so the only thing smaller is a PF Fast Patrol boat (Klingon Gunboat). And actually, I would not want to see those be super-maneuverable; rather, I'd want to see them as Agile & Fast and turn mode of 2".

No decision made on them yet. Like the Scout traited, we wanted to cover ourselves as it is entirely possible that _something_ else may get SM.

Greg Smith said:
hermitbob said:
pg.7 Crippled Ships: Super-Maneuverable should be Agile , there is no rule for Super-Maneuverable ships.

Shuttles are Super Manueverable. The rule for SM is on page 5. Although, while shuttles can't be crippled, there may be ships (or monsters?) that can be later on.
What I meant to say was "There are no Super-Maneuverable ships, the rule should read Agile." Only shuttles are currently Super-Maneuverable. If only unreleased ships/craft/monsters and shuttles have Super-Maneuverable it should have been stated as such or excluded from the main rulebook and given in a supplement.

hermitbob said:
What I meant to say was "There are no Super-Maneuverable ships, the rule should read Agile." Only shuttles are currently Super-Maneuverable. If only unreleased ships/craft/monsters and shuttles have Super-Maneuverable it should have been stated as such or excluded from the main rulebook and given in a supplement.

I am afraid I disagree - we try to avoid supplements changing core rules.

msprange said:
hermitbob said:

I am afraid I disagree - we try to avoid supplements changing core rules.

You wary wary smart ;)

I should get my question in quick then: Does the agile trait allow turns up to 90 degrees when uncloaking or are they also limited to 45 degree turns?

Back