ACTA:Babylon 5 Consolidated Errata

AkosPrime

Mongoose
Even though it is out of print I was wondering if there is an available, 'official' errata available for the 2nd edition of the Call to Arms Babylon 5 rules somewhere? Also is there a consolidated FAQ and/or Rules Questions Answered document available?

I was running ACTA:B5 games at Gen Con this past week, which seemed relatively popular, but there were some rules questions that came up, with one person claiming that something was fixed/changed in a Signs & Portents edition, but all we had available were the originally printed rule books.

Have you got Powers and Princapalities? This did serve as an update to the two main rule books - PM me if you need to know more..............

Its a great game - still the addition of ACTA I enjoy most - despite some bad match ups with fleets :)

AkosPrime said:
Even though it is out of print I was wondering if there is an available, 'official' errata available for the 2nd edition of the Call to Arms Babylon 5 rules somewhere? Also is there a consolidated FAQ and/or Rules Questions Answered document available?
There was indeed a FAQ. I've still got it, and as it was a free download, I could probably send it to you.

I was running ACTA:B5 games at Gen Con this past week, which seemed relatively popular, but there were some rules questions that came up, with one person claiming that something was fixed/changed in a Signs & Portents edition, but all we had available were the originally printed rule books.
As Da Boss said, the last full update was "Powers and Principalities", but there were indeed some updates in "Signs & Portents" (which were subsequently incorporated into "Powers and Principalities"). These included a complete overhaul of the Gaim fleet list (Issue 56) and alternative beam rules (Issue 64).

Another addition in "Powers & Principalities" was the Army of Light fleet list, containing a few ships from each of several races. Combined fleets of the League of Non-Aligned Worlds may now only include ships with an In Service date up to 2259; after that year you're supposed to use the Army of Light. You can find my comments on the Army of Light's various ships here.

I'd like to second this post: Is there an errata for P and P? As i am thumbing back through, it looks like 2 levels difference should read 3 ships, and not 4 (?).

Thanks!

P.S. My apologies for the late response. I have been beyond the Rim for several years.

JRhoades said:
I'd like to second this post: Is there an errata for P and P? As i am thumbing back through, it looks like 2 levels difference should read 3 ships, and not 4 (?).
4 is correct. The normal calculation is that 1 point of priority level X is equivalent to 2 points of priority level X+1, so it goes up geometrically with each further increase in ship priority level. The reason for the difference between scaling up and scaling down is that if you got 4 ships of priority level X-2 for 1 point of priority level X, it encouraged people to buy swarms of small ships, and the bigger models would never be used. But if the scenario is a low priority level then you're supposed to be using the smaller ships anyway.

Back