A Thought and a Hello

KevinM

Mongoose
A long long time... oh wait wrong favorite series of mine :)

Ok a while back at a con I stumbled across a copy of this rpg and my jaw dropped. Its vaguely depressing that a lot of people I know give me strange blank stares when ever i mention Lone Wolf but its incredibly cool to see the rpg(some thing I always thought some one should do).

One thing has occured to me though. Where are the Knights of the White Star Mountain. These figures from Book 2 sorta remind me of paladins to a degree(I'm in fact runnning a paladin based on the order in a 2nd ed ad&d campaign). A little suprised they didn't make the cut for the class list. My best guess basd on the books would be to use the knights of summerland(except of course from Druenor) maybe with a tweak or two.

Welcome to the RPG, first of all.

I see the Knights of the White Mountain as simply Knights of Durenor. I don't see them as comparable to D&D Paladins as such. Anyway, there is talk (though it's not been confirmed, and last I heard hadn't been approved) of a supplement called Might of Magnamund, to go along with Magic of Magnamund. In this, there will be some warrior classes detailed. It's possible that the Knight of the White Mountain will be in this.

Until then, I'd go with your own suggestion of using a tweaked Knight of Sommerlund.

-GB

Hello and welcome on board!

... and don't forget to vote at the game poll !!! (see the thread on the Mongoose General Discussion part of this forum)!!!

Ghost Bear said:
It's possible that the Knight of the White Mountain will be in this.

I don't think so.
If I remember well August told us that we can easily modify the Knight of Sommerlund in this purpose.

Ghost Bear said:
Until then, I'd go with your own suggestion of using a tweaked Knight of Sommerlund.

That's what I've said GB! Don't you listen to me?!?!?! :wink: :p :lol:

More seriously, I personnaly think that the modification: Sommerlund Knight -> Knight of the WM is easy to manage. I guess that the "perhaps" supplement "Might of Magnamund would talk about more "different" classes.

Sabbak said:
More seriously, I personnaly think that the modification: Sommerlund Knight -> Knight of the WM is easy to manage. I guess that the "perhaps" supplement "Might of Magnamund would talk about more "different" classes.

Possibly Kloon engineers (sappers?) and Ogron mercenaries. And some southern and Vassan flavoured classes as well (would be oriental/middle-eastern in our world).

Sabbak said:
That's what I've said GB! Don't you listen to me?!?!?! :wink: :p :lol:

I try not to. ;)

More seriously, you could well be right. Personally I find the background and story of the character classes just as important as the rules, so I'd like to see the Knights of the White Mountain in the Might of Magnamund supplement. Still, I'm speculating.

-GB

Back