Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't like the system or the settings

• awaiting further information and clarification before deciding

• Total voters

burdock

Mongoose
Trying to get a more refined poll on MRQ. I'm sure this doesn't cover all possible views put it should hopefully give a more realistic view of peoples attitudes. :)

well.......I'll think about it.

hmmmmm

ok then, I'll let you.

That would imply that it is the setting rather than the system you are attracted to

No, I like the system very much.

It's just I really want to see what 2nd Age Glorantha looks like...

will I be able to change my vote to system and setting once the book's out? ;)

I think he is refering to the overlap in the categories. He might like the system, but isn't sure about the setting as he hasn't seen it yet.

Plus, there are those fans who love Glorantha, but might not like RQ.

As no supplements have been released yet no one can really say what they think about the settings.

It is really too soon to judge the game on anything other that what is between its two covers, plus Matt's PDF.

Anything else is just guesing or wishing.

yes. Perhaps the settings option should have been a "the fact that more gloranthan literature will be published" option.....thats what I was thinking when I wrote it

burdock said:
yes. Perhaps the settings option should have been a "the fact that more gloranthan literature will be published" option.....thats what I was thinking when I wrote it

I'm not sure how you can set these thing up, but rating things on a scale mighe be better.

Right now, the way the poll is worded, I would probably wind up in a yes category.

burdock said:
I would probably wind up in a yes category.

"because its runequests last chance" isn't neccessarily a yes category

Sorry, I didn't see the slash up in the like/do not like.

I'm not sure it I'd be in the "last chance" group though.

Sorry, I didn't see the slash up in the like/do not like.

Oh....I didnt mean that.........I meant that a "yes" for it being runequest's last chance isn't neccesarily a "yes" for mongoose runequest

I gave the system a thumbs-down. While I think there are some useful rules changes that took place between RQ3 and MRQ, overall I think it's a pretty lackluster product.

I'm not hugely impressed. It feels like half a product. Maybe if the companion text were included I'd have had a more positive response.

The lack of the fumble table and the dumbing down of the critical and fumble percentages, the skill halving and the odd mechanism for opposed skills all set my teeth on edge. I'll hold off until I see the companion and the Glorantha material but it's a little "Meh." at the moment.

I like the new MRQ. I like that the Mongoose staff is encouraging a if you don't like a rule change it philosophy for the game. It has been a long time since a RPG has inspired me to play with it's rules as MRQ has done.

Well , while i have some concerns about it, notably the combat rules and the advancement rules, it has still excited me to want to run a campaign using the new rules and starting characters.

At present i have a classic age RQ2 campaign where the characters are heroes after 18 years of roleplay and its all so high power its really hard work to manage.

Changing the era is a master stroke in my opinion and i am really looking forward to the supporting material. I think Mongoose have done well to bring out so much supporting info early on, and i hope that a new generation of gamers gets hooked in the way i did back in 1981.

I must admit that my feeling concerning RQ have become more negative. It seems there are flaws in many of the sections. Whilst one can include house rules to cover these, and the modular format helps this, I can't help but feel that MRQ is not a sleek 21st century RQ. I am however eagerly awaiting further releases, and still think there's a lot of potential here.

The second edition of the core rulebook will be perfect ;)

All the best house rule ideas will have been incorporated, and lessons learned from OGL third parties will help too :twisted:

A bit less tongue in cheek, I can't think of a single game I've bought over the past few years that hasn't had issues of one sort or another.

I'm willing to put up with the teething troubles for the benefit of a living version of RuneQuest, and all the OGL material that will appear over the coming months.

Back