A Greg Lynch love thread!

Trodax

Mongoose
Purpose of this post: to acknowledge the fine work done by Greg Lynch on two Conan supplements I just finished reading. Vincent D usually gets a lot of praise around here (not at all undeserved, mind you; his books are also great), but, by Crom, its time for some Greg-love too!!!

Just finished reading Tower of the Elephant. It was excellent; true to the original while adding in just the right amount of new stuff (that all felt appropriate). I think it will be a fun adventure to run, and I look forward to more books in this 'Classic Conan'-series.

I also recently purchased and read through Messantia. I had held off buying it for a long time, getting other stuff instead, mainly because I'd not heard much talk about it at all here on the forum, and because Shadizar wasn't my favorite supplement (it was alright, but there has been better stuff). Messantia I dug a lot, though; it got me really psyched about setting up some adventures involving merchant house intrigue and gladiatorial arena-fights. It was also the Conan supplement with the least proofreading issues that I've seen so far (no cut-and-paste stuff that seem to have crept into a lot of the other books).

So, a big thumbs-up for these supplements, and keep up the good work Greg! :D

I also did not know what to expect, but found Messantia to be very good.
It is different, though, as Messantia is one of the brightest places of the civilized world. But if every place in Hyboria was as dark as the Westermarch, game would become monotone, don't you think?

Perhaps I had some trouble when running the adventure since my players are not loyal at all to Argos.

You are right, Trodax, the noble houses and their intrigues, and the Arena make for good adventures.

As for Tower of the Elephant I'm still pondering whether to buy it. I saw it at the store, and frankly it seems amazing... but my only gripe with it is I just can't make my players' story replace that of Conan himself. In any event, perhaps I'll take it just for fandomness, but chances that I actually GM the adventure are slim.

Maximo said:
It is different, though, as Messantia is one of the brightest places of the civilized world.
Yeah, thats what's cool though; its one of the brightest, most civilised places the world has to offer, but its still pretty damn dark, with totally ruthless merchant houses and slaves dying in droves on the arena for the amusement of the people. You gotta love the Hyborian Age. :wink:

Maximo said:
Perhaps I had some trouble when running the adventure since my players are not loyal at all to Argos.
I see. I thought the adventure seemed pretty good, perhaps needed a little fleshing out.

Trodax said:
by Crom, its time for some Greg-love too!!!

I used to use that line on women, but only met with middling success. :)

Seriously, however, thank you and everyone else very much. It's one of the great pleasures of writing to hear that people enjoy your work. As long as y'all keep buying them, and Mongoose keeps liking them, I'll keep writing them.

I don't want to sound like I'm making an Oscar acceptance speech, but send some love to Mongoose's editors and playtesters. They take my work and polish it up to make it shine - and tell me when I've missed something glaring (i.e. 'Um, Greg, this NPC has no feats. And seems to have a STR of 48.')

Thanks again, and I hope y'all enjoy the other books I have in the pipeline.

Trodax said:
Purpose of this post: to acknowledge the fine work done by Greg Lynch on two Conan supplements I just finished reading.

So, a big thumbs-up for these supplements, and keep up the good work Greg! :D

I am a big Greg Lynch fan. I love his Messantia work and think Heretics of Tarantia is one of the best pre-made adventures I have ever run.

must amit that greg lynchs work is brilliant too :D and have said on many times his adventures are among the best Ive seen with vincent as well conan has a duo of authors who must rate as some of the best publishing at this time and yes both of them are that good 8)

as vincent has told us what he has sent up to mongoose and has in the pipeline any chance you could do the same old boy please think of it as a christmas presant to the fans :wink:

toothill man said:
as vincent has told us what he has sent up to mongoose and has in the pipeline any chance you could do the same old boy please think of it as a christmas presant to the fans :wink:

Second!

*does a Greg Lynch worship dance*

toothill man said:

Well, the last couple of months have been primarily RuneQuest stuff.

Other than that, I've got the Ambush at Altair V scenario for SST - which ought to make the toughest M.I. beg for mercy. I also wrote the short missions for the Arachnid book.

I have three WARS books in the hopper, which I hope will eventually see the light of day.

I'm hoping to do another Conan project soon. Have an idea or two, including a return to Messantia for a bloody tale of intrigue and knives in the darkness.

GregLynch said:
Trodax said:
by Crom, its time for some Greg-love too!!!
I used to use that line on women, but only met with middling success. :)
:lol: :lol: Ah, the women of this age; they know not gold when they see it.

VincentDarlage said:
I love his Messantia work and think Heretics of Tarantia is one of the best pre-made adventures I have ever run.
Cool, I didn't know Greg was the author of Heretics; haven't gotten it yet. Will grab it as soon as I get a chance.

GregLynch said:
I'm hoping to do another Conan project soon. Have an idea or two, including a return to Messantia for a bloody tale of intrigue and knives in the darkness.
Yes; more scenarios!!!

Back