2nd Edition Question

Reveille

Mongoose
I found the 2nd Edition Bab5 book Full Season Guide at Amazon and am wondering that when published if it will replace the "The Coming of Shadows", "Point of No Return", "No Surrender, No Retreat" and "Wheel of Fire" first edition books or if it is meant as an addendum to them?

Neo said:
It is a compilation of existing material..with extras.

Some of us have already spent money on five different books to get info on all 5 years of Babylon 5. I wouldn't spend more money on something I have already. I hope that these extas aren't new material. It sounds like it. I guess this is just another strategy to increase profit by enticing old players to buy the book. Too risky to count on just "new" players buying the book in enough numbers to be profitable.

I'm not liking Mongoose at the moment.

Mouth of Sauron said:
Neo said:
I I guess this is just another strategy to increase profit by enticing old players to buy the book.

Actually, it is to entice entirely new readers to the line. With our entry intot he mainstream book market this year with Babylon 5 novels, this season guide is just the ticket for fans of the series who may never have heard of the RPG.

If you have the five season books already, you do _not_ need this Season Guide (well, unless you are a collector, and like the idea of a big, fat hardback book :)).

msprange said:
Mouth of Sauron said:
Neo said:
I I guess this is just another strategy to increase profit by enticing old players to buy the book.

Actually, it is to entice entirely new readers to the line. With our entry intot he mainstream book market this year with Babylon 5 novels, this season guide is just the ticket for fans of the series who may never have heard of the RPG.

If you have the five season books already, you do _not_ need this Season Guide (well, unless you are a collector, and like the idea of a big, fat hardback book :)).

I kinda flew off the handle there. I just hate it when it seems that a nice small company seems to have turned into a money-grubbing giant.

Being a collector, I may not be able to hold off buying it for long. :lol:

msprange said:

Count me in for one :lol:

LBH

I have the individual season guides but I'll still pick this up for the collection. Plus its easier to lug around a single book than four smaller ones.

msprange said:
Mouth of Sauron said:
Neo said:

well it seams Matt that Waterstones cant get it nor can my local book shop they say its not listed and the first bookstore say thay cant get books from the US but we all know Mongoose is in the UK (I have ranted at there manager as soon as i rant the male bit comes up and cant keep a feminine voice)

Shadow Queen said:
well it seams Matt that Waterstones cant get it nor can my local book shop they say its not listed and the first bookstore say thay cant get books from the US but we all know Mongoose is in the UK (I have ranted at there manager as soon as i rant the male bit comes up and cant keep a feminine voice)

Thats because it isnt out yet ShadowQueen, these queries that folks have been posting relating to it stemmed from its being mentioned on the release schedule, not its availability.

:)

Back