Zamoran Names

Fantasy is a wonderful place to be my friend. Most of us, in one way or another, are attached to it, specially in a board like this, that it's supposed to be based on RPG's and "sword-and-sorcery" literature.

Vincent791 said:
Fantasy is a wonderful place to be my friend. Most of us, in one way or another, are attached to it, specially in a board like this, that it's supposed to be based on RPG's and "sword-and-sorcery" literature.

Ah well, I know the lure of dreams too, but like Stephen King once said the most realized character in all of literature comes up short compared to the least realized real person. Same with worlds too I guess. I visit fantasy now and then but I don't linger for long. Too many intereesting things going on in RL. 8)

In any case this tangent is getting really off-topic so I'll stop talking about it.

Yeah man, I know what you mean, if you put all your beans in the fantasy world you have some problems, the fantasy has a special place in my life, but I keep it in that special place, nothing more.

I define myself as a very creative person, I like to draw, and I do that for a living, I'm used to feed my mind with fantasy, in a lot of ways: movies, comics, literature, art, ilustrators, etc.

So that's why maybe I give fantasy a little more weight than the average person. But don't worry, I'm not looking for Zamoran women in RL, I'm still not that bad :D

Vincent791 said:
So that's why maybe I give fantasy a little more weight than the average person. But don't worry, I'm not looking for Zamoran women in RL, I'm still not that bad :D

That's good to hear. I mean I have after all encountered people trying to construct Rl lightsabers before....8)

I've offered before on different threads: I went through the Conan stories by Howard and a few but not all de Camp & Carter, and made them into an editable word doc tabled by region/race, when I was anxiously awaiting my copy of the Conan rpg core book a couple years ago, and have gone back a couple times and added names from those couple Signs & Portents issues and the Shadizar book, as well as some odds & ends from a couple websites (noted in the doc).

For what it's worth, it took a week scrambling through the Ace/Lancer p/bs, a h/c book of The Hour of the Dragon, and a couple of British Howard Conan stories.

I made a list of all characters with (cryptic?) notes to where they first appeared from with my endnotes following; gods, monsters, then character names. When I'd gone through them I just took the names and made the second word table sorted by race/region. Since I went through all the stories scanning for names, there may have been a couple mistakes but I dont' think so offhand (although my conclusions on the peoples encountered in the story "Red Nails" have been contested on numerous threads on these boards since, I lumped them all as Stygians in my name doc, but you can reference which comes from what source in both docs).

Feel free to PM me if you're interested in either/both.

Raven Blackwell said:
Vincent791 said:

That's good to hear. I mean I have after all encountered people trying to construct Rl lightsabers before....8)
I'm glad I haven't met these people you've met! :lol:

Back