Your thoughts on a planned main villains 2nd in command

JMISBEST

Mongoose
I found a few pages of notes on A GM's planned 2nd in command of his or her planned Campaigns main villain whilst looking through some notes I'd found looking through a selection of books on RPG's wrote by GM's for GM's at the house of A Friend I went to 3 days back and he's interesting. Due to his Spells and similiar abilities the foe has to be A Orc or Half-Orc, as he must be able to cast Raise Dead he has to be a minimum of 5th level with intellectual abilities equivalent to A Wis of 14 and A Int of 11, and at that level magic items or items letting him cast A unknown 3rd level The GM created and The 4th level Spell Cure Severe Wound at least twice per 5 days period per spell, ideally he has to be 7th level with intellectual abilities equivalent to A Wis of 15 and A Int of 12 and as he is very nearly but not yet A Senior Priest in his Church he can't be higher then 10th level, can't have A Wis higher then 17 and can't have A Int higher then 13. Your thoughts on these notes I've found on The planned 2nd in command of A GM's panned main villain of his or her planned campaign

JMISBEST said:
I found a few pages of notes on A GM's planned 2nd in command of his or her planned Campaigns main villain whilst looking through some notes I'd found looking through a selection of books on RPG's wrote by GM's for GM's at the house of A Friend I went to 3 days back and he's interesting.

They look to be more D&D than Legend, but might suit Classic Fantasy.

JMISBEST said:
Due to his Spells and similiar abilities the foe has to be A Orc or Half-Orc, as he must be able to cast Raise Dead he has to be a minimum of 5th level with intellectual abilities equivalent to A Wis of 14 and A Int of 11, and at that level magic items or items letting him cast A unknown 3rd level The GM created and The 4th level Spell Cure Severe Wound at least twice per 5 days period per spell, ideally he has to be 7th level with intellectual abilities equivalent to A Wis of 15 and A Int of 12 and as he is very nearly but not yet A Senior Priest in his Church he can't be higher then 10th level, can't have A Wis higher then 17 and can't have A Int higher then 13.

Sounds very complicated to me. What's the business with the levels and spells? If I am writing an NPC, I set it at the right level if I need it to cast a spell. All the stuff about "can't have WIS more than 17" or "INT higher than 13" make no sense to me at all. If you want a Half Orc cleric with those stats then make it so.

JMISBEST said:
Your thoughts on these notes I've found on The planned 2nd in command of A GM's panned main villain of his or her planned campaign

A Half Orc Cleric who can raise Undead? Fine, got no problem with that.

Having to be able to cast Cure Severe Wound several times a day? Why? Not sure why that is a requirement.

in Legend, it all goes away, as you can have someone with spells to Raise Undead and cast Healing. Legend has no Levels, so it doesn't matter.

Classic Fantasy might be the best way to do this.

You know, I come back here every once in a while to see if anything has changed and if Mongoose have suddenly decided to support there own game, and nothing is really going on. Cept more emails from jmisbest asking questions about level based games in a forum for a game that doesn't have levels.

Jmisbest - serious question. You do know that this is the forum for the LEGEND game, right? You do know that Legend is a 1D100 game? You do know that its not D&D and its not Pathfinder and its not got classes, levels, armor classes, defence classes and D&D spells right? If so I gotta ask why you keep asking all these questions about such games in a forum that has nothing to do with those games? Not meaning to be rude at all, just genuinely curious because I think you've mixed up Legend with some other game system and it might be why you don't get answers to your questions.

Back