You have been Judged, sentence deletion

Finished.....

Finally finished JD Full Eagle Day.

Without trying to spoil it for anyone, went very well, player had a right laugh and they all survived. I did tone down the last encounter in the basement as I think they are a tad to hard and even then 2 of the judges went down and nearly died on stabilised on -5 the other -8!!!

They did actually think there where going to die, which added a nice atmosphere, it also bought the group together as none of the cadets would leave any of their fallen comrades.

One character that shone through was the PSI Judge!!! This lady couldn’t hit the side of a barn door with a Grenade Round, but give her a boot knife, oh my god I have never seen so many threats in my life, she killed 2 of the individuals in the last encounter on her own, she was well chuffed and as she has always been the player that held back and was the most shy, she earned the respect of the sterner judges.

So all, in all a good session, I did think the ending was corny when I read it, but the players really liked it and in a way it is very JD.

BigSteveUK said:
damn blitz agents are hard

Damn Hard... Especially using the rules in the Crim Org book (add prestige level to hit and damage, cause fear, fight on under 0 hps, never back down and never surrender and Combat Reflexes and Point blank shot on top!!!!). My players live in perpertual fear of the Blitzer....

Give em a spitgun and its bad ass bonanza.... :lol:

Nice one Steve, it sounds like you had a great time and your players work really well together. I couldn't convince any of my players to be a psi-judge, but they did specialize in very different styles so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

The ending is a little corny, but I'm glad it was well recieved by your players. There were a lot of little things that I didn't like about this adventure, but if I was a little more experienced a GM, I would have worked around them more easily. I'm hoping that the Kazan Gambit trilogy is done a little better. Has anyone run or played those adventures?

I'm thinking of converting an old GW adventure and using it as a basis for my next adventure. I don't want to throw my players straight into the problems with the Kazan Gambit trilogy, but want them to get a feel for the streets so I'm hoping to throw a bunch of odd encounters together for them, with a larger problem for them to deal with (from the GW module).

As far as blitzers go, my players did a great job of surrounding one from three sides and really pinning him in. They managed to avoid the blast when he self-detonated though, but they haven't yet learned to fear them.

Arabin

I think as they rise in levels blitzers won't be as bad, but for sometime I think they are a very good anti-judge device.

I to was having the same thoughts and was thinking of picking up a copy of judgement day.

I also have a couple of ideas of my own, but it depends if time allows.

Have you seen any of the old White Dwarf Stuff?

L8R,

BigSteve

Yep, the white dwarf articles are all uploaded to the yahoo group as text files since they are so old now. It's a great resource. There are a few Dredd groups, but the only one that is active, and also has a great archive of files, is the one called simply "Dredd".

Please do share your ideas with us when you have time.

Arabin

Back