Yellow Faceplates?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi;

I use them on all my minis. I even trim them down to fit the hard to fit models like the metal snipers.

Happy Gaming;

WhiteRhino

I go full bore, and paint faces, while using the faceplates (except that damn sniper, Rhino you'll have to tell me how you did it!) I think that it's one more feature that makes the MI look cooler than my old Legion of the Damned.(Which I sold for more MI :wink: )

As someone who photographs their minis and paints to a display case standard I find them appallingly ugly (not intended to be snooty but may be taken that way - I apologize in advance).

I'm willing to sacrifice "realism" to show off some flesh tone blending.

But that said... if I screw up any of them that yellow thing will get slapped on pretty quick :)

I like them. They make the minis look different from everything else on the planet, except maybe Cobalt-1 marines.

Londo-X: start by snipping it in half then trimming it to fit.
This is very finicky as it's a very small part at that point.
Then mix some yellow paint into white glue and goop this into the other side so it fills the gap.

Oh, and trim the LT's nose before you prime/paint it. :D

THIS is addressed to those folks that paint their powersit MI visors.

a. how many paint of you on the inside and them glue them to the soldier?

b. how many of you paint the outside of them after they are glued onto the soldier?

c. what colors do y'all paint your MI visors?

DAWGIE, who has wondered about this and has not arrived at any personal answer as yet . . .

i can't paint human flesh, so i use them. i paint them on the inside(if i remeber, otherwise it's the outside), with scorpion green and yellow on the edges.i find the green slightly more interesting than the yellow, and contrationg nicely with the red armour.

DAWGIE said:
THIS is addressed to those folks that paint their powersit MI visors.

a. how many paint of you on the inside and them glue them to the soldier?

b. how many of you paint the outside of them after they are glued onto the soldier?

c. what colors do y'all paint your MI visors?

DAWGIE, who has wondered about this and has not arrived at any personal answer as yet . . .

As I don't have the ability to paint faces I just paint the visors. I stick them on then paint the outside. At the moment I am using a light grey/silver for a few squads. But I might varry it a bit and equip a few squads with dark gold/bronze coloured visors.

Don't paint the inside, dip it in 100% Futures Floor Wax and let it dry. It makes it sparkly and to me it looks more transparent.

Back