Would they get away with killing him?

JMISBEST

Mongoose
I have a question about something that happened back in The Late 90's when A GM I knew back then was teaching me how to be A GM. Can you tell me what would have likely happened if the adventure had taken place?

The Players are Bounty Hunters after A Criminal that escaped justice 25 years ago and is wanted dead not alive and finally track him down when he's on holiday and kill him in his sleep by slitting his Throat in his sleep. But unknown to them during those 25 years he saved The Life of A Count who ruled half a dozen Star-Systems and was made A Baron ruling 1 Planet for his actions

So as no one in The Sector he's in knows that he is a wanted dead not alive former mass murderer and no one in power would believe it and is a personal friend to A Count who ruled half a dozen Star-Systems and was made A Baron ruling 1 Planet for saving The Counts Life could they get away with killing him even though he is a wanted dead not alive former mass murderer?

A common thread with your posts is that you treat history as absolute - but when humans make decisions they instead use what they believe, which is not necessarily the same as what actually happened.

So, basically, whoever is in charge will decide what happens based on what they personally know and believe.

It's possible that the "murderers" might be able to prove it, and it's possible that such proof may be used, or may be ignored on purpose.

It's also possible that any "death bounty" offered by another nation is not valid in this one.

You'll just have to decide.

Back