Wild West and some observations

Mongoose Devs --

I noticed one incidental mention of masterwork items, but could find no rules or effects of masterwork weapons or items. Did you folks intend to include additional rules (or costs) on masterwork items?

Davy Jones said:
I noticed one incidental mention of masterwork items, but could find no rules or effects of masterwork weapons or items. Did you folks intend to include additional rules (or costs) on masterwork items?

Noticed some info on this in the competitive supplement by Green Ronin (Sidewinder: Recoiled d20 Wild West). Looks like Mongoose needs to do some errata or followup?

Probably has to do with the Masterwork versions of guns. What is the related cost difference Mongoose? I'm starting an online game soon and would like to know myself.

Lando The Archmagi said:
Probably has to do with the Masterwork versions of guns. What is the related cost difference Mongoose? I'm starting an online game soon and would like to know myself.

Funny, that's the reason I'm asking. ;)

Davy Jones said:
Funny, that's the reason I'm asking. ;)

Well no answer, guess I'll make use of the Masterwork rules mentioned in several other Wild West RPGs like the Sidewinder: Recoiled book by Green Ronin.

What did you want to make Masterwork? Could work out some values.

Davy Jones said:
I was looking at making his carbine a masterwork item.

Using the rules from Sidewinder: Recoiled...Sounds good, what sort of enhancements did you want to give it? Each one will increase its value and price.

For example you could shorten the barrel to shoot it from horseback better. Would multiply the cost by 3...and require a Craft (Longarm) +1 check if it was done by someone prior to buying it that way.

Well, carbines are, by design, meant to be fired by horseback. :) But, I'll have to take a look at S:R. (I have the original Sidewinder, but not the new one.)

Davy Jones said:
Well, carbines are, by design, meant to be fired by horseback. :) But, I'll have to take a look at S:R. (I have the original Sidewinder, but not the new one.)

If the longarm you wish to modify is already a carbine, a shortened barrel doesn't help much; it doesn't make the firearm any easier to fire from horseback. All such a modification would do is decrease the range, decrease the weight, and increase the price.

Back