Whirlwind Attack and Finesse Attacks

Would whirlwind attack still allow someone to use finesse weapons for a finesse attack? I don't see anything written that says no, but at the same time, I don't know if it makes sense to finesse with an attack like that.

As a judgment call I would say No. I have always invisioned the Whirlwind to be a wild swinging of the weapon and I dont think that that would lend itself to a finesse attack, But thats just my Opinion.

Good question folks.... i have no idea where to stand on this one.

I'd probably allow it, though... but I'm not sure. Otherwise you have to ask yourself this: Is Power Attack ok, with Finesse, where you acctually opt to lower Accuracy for more Power? Is Cleave, where you basically swing through the blow into the next thing in line? And so on and so forth... in the end you'd probably just stand there thinking: Why the heck would ANYONE choose to go for Finesse???

/wolf

ps. (I don't have the rules here now, but I just assumed neither Power Attack of Cleave, said anything about Finesse either... I could be wrong.)

Disagree -- a whirlwind attack could also just represent a whirling flurry of steel -- each thrust striking with the precision of a viper!

There's absolutely no rules reason to disallow it so I'd let your players and NPCs do it freely. It's just a different style of Whirlwind . . .

BhilJhoanz said:
Disagree -- a whirlwind attack could also just represent a whirling flurry of steel -- each thrust striking with the precision of a viper!

There's absolutely no rules reason to disallow it so I'd let your players and NPCs do it freely. It's just a different style of Whirlwind . . .

Exactly.

/wolf

Back