Which book next?

Reveille

Mongoose
I recently acquired Earth Force Alliance and Minbari Federation Factbooks in a trade. These are the only two books I have aside from the Babylon 5 D20 RPG book. I am really liking what I am reading about both.

Based on this would my fellow Goose Fanatics suggest I acquire as my next Bab5 purchase?

Depends what you like about B5, but since you have the Earth Alliance fact book, the Earth FOrce Campaign Guide is a good accompaniment to this if you are intending to use EarthForce characters in your game.

LBH

Fiery Trial and Athena Strain are great scenarios to start off with.
The Narn, Centauri and League books are excellent background.
The Galactic Guide provides a great overview of the galaxy, if you want a broad view of things.

The Season guides are also pretty good if you're going to run a game during the B5 timeline, help give you times when everything happened.

I hit core races first. I did Minbari and Narn and have just picked up the other two. I bought Psicorps next as I wanted something interesting to read but as there are no telepaths in the group it wasn't a immediate need.

Frukathka said:
Anybody? Bueller?

I'd recommend the Psi Corps book - probably one of the best written and researched that I've read, to my mind - Absolutey invaluable for an EA centred campaign (the Earth Force Campaign Guide probably falls into that category as well, but I've not seen it yet...). The Galactic Guide is pretty damn good too, plenty of plot ideas waiting to be lifted in that.

The Technomages is a great book, but probably only worth getting for curiosity's sake or unless you want to run with solely TM characters.

The Centauri, Narn and League books should give you everything you need for a standard campaign.

The Earthforce Campaign book is, in my mind, just as valuable as the Earth Alliance Fact Book. If you plan to run an Earthforce campaign, it's a must-have.

Actually with the Earthforce Guide you can tweak some of the info in there for other races as well using their fact book. Not entirely a clean translation but it would help things out I would think.

Did anyone else notice.......There is an omission from the "Warlock's" stats in the Earth Force Campaign guide. They forgot to put the large particle cannon on it. There is one of those, it is suppposed to be pased on the God satellite. But it seems to have been forgotten. What is bad is that it is the Sky is full of Stars supplement correctly. I'm placing it in my game correctly.

Aramanthus said:
Did anyone else notice.......There is an omission from the "Warlock's" stats in the Earth Force Campaign guide. They forgot to put the large particle cannon on it. There is one of those, it is suppposed to be pased on the God satellite. But it seems to have been forgotten. What is bad is that it is the Sky is full of Stars supplement correctly. I'm placing it in my game correctly.

It actually has two, not one... Maybe they should be Twin Linked..? (Shudder). Does the Crusade supplement have stats for the brute - I don't have mine to hand at the moment?

Back