Which book for fighter design?

I'm having trouble figuring out which book contains rules for designing starfighters. Is it High Guard or the pending Fighting Ships?

would think High Guard since it has the rules for small ships(under 100 tons)
and the capital ships building rules

Fighting ships is going to be like traders and gun boats just listing different types of ships with deck plans and how they are costed out

Depends on your definition of "Starfighter".

You want the main book and High Guard.

"Fighting Ships" will probably be to capital ships what "Traders & Gunboats" was to adventure class ships.

High Guard contains rules for designing small craft, of which a fighter would be one.

IMHO, after a certain point, all fighters will start to look alike or similar from the view point of the game based stats. Really, the variations of systems you can put together at 100 tons or less is a finite number. Within 3-4 years I suspect we'll have seen the stats for every variation the MgT rules can provide.

With that in mind, I decided not to contribute to the "glut", and just started drawing designs/layouts/configurations for different fighter types, but all using the base 10-ton fighter stats.

BTW, I'm not trying to stop you from designing your own, just showing you an alternate path.

Back