Which Army Book You Most Anxious to Getting?

Which Army Book You Most Anxious to Getting?

• Arachnid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Klendathu

• Mobile Infantry

• Skinnies

• Pathfinders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

privateer

Mongoose
Which Army Book You Most Anxious to Getting? And yes, this is the ONE that you are MOST anxious about getting---but I put in a choice for those with publicly traded Mongoose stock options :)

Edit: Grrrrr! I did have an option in there for ALL but I guess my survey-fu was not advanced enough to follow through with the killing strike /Edit.

I say ALL OF THEM! *lays around him with a newspaper, cutting a path of destruction...though a kindergarden classroom....*

SKINNIES, I've been waiting for the Skinnies since this game came out. As soon as march rolls around i'll be picking up a skinnie army. Then again i'll most likly have to wait untill April.

nick klose said:
...Then again i'll most likly have to wait untill April.

YEE-OWCH!

Actually anybody been keeping a weather eye on release date compliance by the 'Goose of late? Just curious.

The MI book.

I've already got the Klendathu book, but I'd like to see what's new in the world of Exo-suits.

Ray

Bug book will add almost double the current # of bug species. 14 new flavors of human(oid) death and enslavement for the game's signature race.

Skinnies are a close second.

In this order Arachnid, Skinnie, MI, and then Pathfinders and Klendathu.

Sorry, but the bugs need some serious love here people, plus they are shaping up to become my primary force.

The Skinnies are cool just because they are the new kids in town, and the most logical new race they will have for the game. I'm planning on fielding Skinnies, I'm just not sure how much I'll put into them.

I will pick up the MI book just because I know there are going to be some new toys on the horizon (UMA fighters, and more powered armors)

Pathfinders, I am about 50/50 on, since I'm leaning toward being a bug player, and have yet to pick up a single pathfinders mini, and Klendathu I am only going to pick up if I don't paint my LAMI, for sernity / Firefly minis.

Londo-X said:
...I am only going to pick up if I don't paint my LAMI, for sernity / Firefly minis.

Paint your LAMI as purple bellies and then use that color scheme in their fluff.

That way you can get double duty out those minis - hunting down illegal midbulk transport ships or arachnid foes :)

privateer said:
nick klose said:
...Then again i'll most likly have to wait untill April.

YEE-OWCH!

Actually anybody been keeping a weather eye on release date compliance by the 'Goose of late? Just curious.

Well what I ment was I woudn't be neer a shop that sells SST untill april but that comment raises more issues. The Skinnies might end up beging delayed. That would be kinda harsh. Considering I am yet to see my local store actually recive any SST new releases on the date (or month for that matter) that they are released.

It's the Skinnies for me!

I'm finally interested in the SST game. MI and Bugs never caught my fancy, but another alien race...I'm there!

Jeff

Personally, I'm looking forward to picking up my copy of the Pathfinders book, as I'm into the "Special Forces" thing. I've gotten a box of K9 Pathfinders already and converted them into a gang for GOMC1, but I'm planning to pick some up to actually use for SST!

I'll have to throw my vote in for Skinnies. The way I see it, that army book is going to be the biggest hurdle for the game because it will have a full middle-of-the-road army. Bugs are uber close combat, while MI are uber shooty with great mobility. They match up very well against each other. I'm very interested in seeing how the third faction will do. If it works well, then I see no limits on this game, whereas if it flops, then it will be a serious blow to the game that may well reduce it to another footnote in wargaming history.

Most of the gamers in my area are convinced that the rules are solid, but they're waiting on the third faction, just to make sure.

As a bug player, I have to say the Arachnid Army book only because I want to play those new bugs. However, the skinnie book will probably be the most interesting.:D I now feel bad for not playing them.... :cry:

For me it is the MI Army book as I can relate to these guys the most. I am REALLY hanging to see and get my hands on the new M8 (and the new M9's but not as much as the new M8's) and the Exo Suits. It will take a long time but I am going to collect and paint a very large MI Force.

I am also looking forward to the Arachnid Army Book which will be arriving on my doorstep within the next few days.

Back