Wheres the Love for Trolls, Dragonewts, and Scorpion Men?

zozotroll said:
andakitty said:
Sounds like good nasty fun. Swear I don't remember them, though. Were they in the RQ2 rulebook? And Thanks. :)

Cults of terrer as I recall. I am not sure they made the jump to RQ3
I'm pretty sure they were in the RQ3 Gloranthan Bestiary.

Malorium said:
Baboons - a great race, with plenty of scope for outrageous fun.
Midget Slashers - wasn't it a 3D6 bite damage? Great fun as a player killer.
Newtlings, Apple Lane, Rainbow Mounds, Borderlands and who can forget the Giants Cradle?

It's all beginning to come flooding back now :D

Ahhh, Baboons. I had totally forgotten about them.

And I had a Baboon PC once.

Glorantha was (and hopefully will be again with the new stuff) a fun setting.

That coupled with very 'serious' (read: deadly) mechanics is what made RQ special.

If new players thought the world was a bit silly at first, a trollkin doing critical damage to the abdomen wiped those stupid grins off their faces.

I'd just like to put in some praise for Dragonsnails and Walktapi: great ways to make newbies soil their armour. :twisted:
And hordes of Rubblerunners with nasty pointy teeth

JohnLokiBeard said:
I'd just like to put in some praise for Dragonsnails and Walktapi: great ways to make newbies soil their armour. :twisted:
And hordes of Rubblerunners with nasty pointy teeth

Is there a beer rune?

Yes, it is related to the Cloud rune, the Stasis and Earth runes.

Half a Cloud on top of an elongated Earth with the Stasis stuck on the RH side.

Ah, Krashkids and Krash. Krashkids did make it to RQ3. and Krash was always and still is ome of my favorite evil cults. I love the fact that Krash worshippers always worked behind the scenes, doing their best never to try to expose themselves, unlike most evil cults and groups in most fantasy games which just charge on out there. A Krash wordhipper would pretend to be your friend and try to get you to do his dirty work, always with a nice reason why so and so had to be done.

TRose said:
Ah, Krashkids and Krash. Krashkids did make it to RQ3. and Krash was always and still is ome of my favorite evil cults.
I liked the idea that they had their High Holy Day on the same day as Storm Bull... just so they wouldn't interrupt one another...

Wulf

Back