Where is your campaign?

You could always present the notion that they will gain/lose much through a plot thread that leads to Meroe. They could also be INVITED there by a Stygian faction in Kush wanting to discuss more...amiable ties?

The players were hired as caravan guards (read spies) by a minor nobleman from Argos and sent into Zingar to discover the whereabouts and to rescue another of the nobleman's spies who was there learning the trade secrets of a Zingaran noble (Zaragozo) who was in competition with the Argos nobleman.

The players managed to find out the captured spy "Gallos" was being held in the infamous "Torre del Diablo" (my creation), which they proceeded to break into, rescued the "spy" and his beautiful daughter "Sanna" who was also being held in an effort to make the spy talk. During the course of events while breaking back out, the daughter was grabbed by the warden "Lucano". One of the players, a nobleman/soldier, decided he could not allow the girl to be harmed so he attacked the warden, rescued the girl, and delayed the on-rush of prison guards so that she and the other player characters could escape (I gave him a good bonus to his XPs for this one).

The player was captured and was tortured, but did not break (good Will & Fort saves) and was still alive three days later when the party mounted a rescue of their friend.

After the rescue the party made their way back to Argos while being pursued by agents of the Zingaran nobleman, and also by agents of the Argosean nobleman once they got back to Messantia. Their original patron did not take kindly to their revealing of his business trade (that of slavery) to the king's agents upon their return (the player character nobleman's family has friends who had the King's ear).

While avoiding both sets of assassins who were sent to kill them, they managed to fight their way to the docks where they boarded an out-bound ship (captained by the afor mentioned she-pirate).

And that is where the adventure has ended so far. What the players do not realize yet is that Zaragozo has now made an alliance with his former competitor (who is now in hiding) and will be pursuing the players during the course of the campaign. :twisted:

One other thing. The warden of the prison (Lucano), a former pirate, survived the dual with the the player character nobleman and is now adamantly pursuing the players, not only for his master (Zaragozo), but for his own revenge for the loss of his right hand which was cut off by the player character when he was left for dead.

Lucano has some nasty plans for the player and the girl (Sanna) who escaped him if he ever catches up to them. The girl and her father are now NPCs who are traveling with the players.

I run a solo game with a pirate based out of Messantia more than the Barachas. She recently concluded a hunt for a lost city in Shem and burned a shemitish village to get the villagers to pony up information. Just now she's captured a Zingaran Carrack damaged in battle with a stygian war galley and is heading back to port to sell the loot from the lost city and re-rig the Zingaran.

I'm hoping, in true conan style, that she'll head into the interior soon and pick up some levels in thief or soldier. Her piratical connections to a Merchant house in Messantia might even allow a level of noble...

Conan is probably the only RPG I've Gm-ed that almost LIKES solo play.

They have now escaped Stygia and are in SHem. Now trying to get another king to mass an army and attack. That is easier said than done.

The item they stole will stop that..

My players too just escaped today from Pteion, barely alive but filthy rich. They even managed cross the Styx in to Shem, but realized that they are now hunted by _three_ organizations.

Our group started out seperatly with a Stygian Scholar and a Hyrkanian Nomad in Zamboula, a Vanir Barbarian in the Border Kingdom, and the Desert Shemite Nomad joining the group in the lost city of Xuthal. I solo gamed the Vanir until he reached Shushan and met the group from Zamboula. By then he had a commen language with the group (and lost his Barbarian code of honor).From there they adventured in Kush, Xuthal (the Shemite joined) and ran the first two Black Kingdoms adventures. An Argossean Soldier makes the odd appearance and followed the characters to Shem and up into Zamora. After that adventure (the Shadizar box set) the party is currently following the Road of Kings into Corinthia and the Hyborian lands, and are on step ahead of the King of Zamoras wrath for the murder of a Shemite noble and the use of Sorcery in Shadizar. The session ended with escaping a unit of Zamoran Harriers (losing their mounts and gear) and discovering the location of a ruined city in Corinthia that is rumered to be next to several towns but isnt on any map- Lanjou.

Back