Where can I find Players for Game

I will be moving into the Saint Louis area in the next month or two, but players of Conan are nearly impossible to find between the Appalachians and Rockies. :( Blast this desolate land!

If you (Or anyone for that matter) are looking to run a game online with Kloogwerks I'd be very happy to play. I'm in NY and very anxious to get involved with an ongoing campaign. :D

CimmerianMan said:
If you (Or anyone for that matter) are looking to run a game online with Kloogwerks I'd be very happy to play. I'm in NY and very anxious to get involved with an ongoing campaign. :D

My klooge game is full up at the moment, but if anyone is willing to GM a game in kloogewerks, I would be happy to provide technical assistance and advice in getting it off the ground.

A lot of people get "cute" with their Locations listed on this site, but if they are interested in finding players for Conan gaming, it would be helpful if they listed their actual present location, then they might be spotted as someone to game with. (Mine isn't listed for other reasons.)

Taharqa said:
CimmerianMan said:

My klooge game is full up at the moment, but if anyone is willing to GM a game in kloogewerks, I would be happy to provide technical assistance and advice in getting it off the ground.

Just curious what is the learning curve on the GM client. How difficult is it to add the various game elements, character sheets etc?

Is it fairly user friendly and straight forward or must you have a degree in programming to use it?

CimmerianMan said:
Taharqa said:
CimmerianMan said:

Just curious what is the learning curve on the GM client. How difficult is it to add the various game elements, character sheets etc?

Is it fairly user friendly and straight forward or must you have a degree in programming to use it?

No programming necessary. It does have a bit of a learning curve, but mostly because it is so feature rich.

I've found the best place to find players is on ENWORLD and WIZARDS.COM and NOT NECESSARILY say that you're running a CONAN game.

The reason is simple: people have pre-conceived notions about worlds like Hyboria or Dark Sun or any other for that matter.

Get someone on email first and THEN break the news that your game isn't in pansy-rear Greyhawk or FR.

Players THINK they know what they want when they look for a game, but they don't. New players are looking for faeries, unicorns and knights in shining armor. Although they will have just as much fun in a CONAN game, they will NOT respond to an advertisement that shows otherwise.

Bait and switch them and they'll be perfectly happy. Just screen your players as usual.

BTW, my CONAN game runs in DENVER, CO USA.

jh

BTW, I challenge all of you to post your games at ENWORLD and WIZARDS.COM on a regular basis. The more CONAN appears, the more people will be willing to try it.

Here's my Advertisement:

US - (CO/KS/NE) - Lakewood, CO - New D&D Group Forming
Mighty Thews, Beautiful Women, Despotic Kings And Great Adventure

Blurb:
"The Zamoran thief told me the Pelishti can live forever. Maybe that's how that overdressed bastard made it so far out into the Red Waste before the Darfari cannibals got him. We recovered his map when one of them tried their luck with Daiji over there. We're headed north to Koth so if you still want the map, we'd be willing to part with it..for that Stygian woman you've got there..."

Beasts, roguery, battles and intrigue abound in this campaign.

Friendly new D&D group needs a couple players to round out group. Email me: hafner.jay @ gmail.com (remove spaces).

The campaign runs on Friday nights, 2 times per month in LAKEWOOD from 6:15-11:00+. Group consists of adults. Email me for more info: hafner.jay @ gmail.com (remove spaces). You may also ask questions by posting here.

=======

Notice that nowhere does it say CONAN, Hyboria or anything else like that. Most players are desperate, but want something "familiar-looking" for a group to join. I Bait and Switch them via email. Some people just can't handle that there's no halflings, but most have been genuinely interested after they responded at least once.

jh

Just wanted to say good luck in finding a game and I'm in the same boat.

I'm looking for a game in Champaign, IL if anyone is a fellow desolate plains-rider. Blast those glaciers!

PS: Anybody use Fantasy Grounds for Conan d20? I'm trying to write the ruleset in xml and one day it may actually work right (*crosses fingers*)

valhallan said:
Just wanted to say good luck in finding a game and I'm in the same boat.

I'm looking for a game in Champaign, IL if anyone is a fellow desolate plains-rider. Blast those glaciers!

PS: Anybody use Fantasy Grounds for Conan d20? I'm trying to write the ruleset in xml and one day it may actually work right (*crosses fingers*)

I'm in the vacuous mid-US, but nowhere near Champaign, IL, sadly. :(
And...there were glaciers?!? :shock:

We run or game every other Friday in the San Diego-Tijuana (southern California) area, the characters are in Arejun about ready to plunge Zamora in a bloody civil war (they are 14th lvl) we’ve been playing these characters since mongoose released the first Conan book, left all other systems behind and haven’t looked back,
Well, Some of the guys were complaining about the lack of a cohesive epic campaign, and under protest (mine and Voltumna, another regular poster here) we played a couple of sessions of midnight,
It just didn’t taste right, like brushing your teeth after drinking a fine wine and thinking anther glass will taste the same, we had to rinse with southern comfort and come back to Hyborea!! :D

Yea no complains now, well, except when they get their asses handed to them :twisted:

The guys we’ve been playing together since college, some 16 years back

The roster consists of
Raksha- Zamoran thief/barbarian (ruffian option) (voltumna)
Burgos- Zingaran soldier/thief (assassin option)
Tiberio- Aquilonian soldier/barbarian (brawler option)
Cygnus- Turanian soldier/scholar (strategist type, no magic)

valhallan said:

The problem with fantasy grounds is that it only runs on windoze machines. As a matter of principle, I can't support any tabletop software which freezes some players out. That and I run Mac and Linux.

BTW, our group always likes to keep a full roster:

We're running a 3.5 campaign in Shem/Stygia.

Email me: hafner.jay@Gmail.com

Jh

Back