Where can I find Players for Game

mlmguru99

Mongoose
Hello Group,

I want to run an ongoing Conan Campaign. I ran one using 1st Ed AD&D for six years. I used to work at TSR and even play tested their version of Conan years ago.

I am looking for other players to create a long term campaign. Were is there a listing of other players?

I had the same problem not too long ago (just got involved with some players using Klooge.werks).

I'm sure you have probably already checked out your local gaming shops, so I would recommend places like:
http://www.online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php?
if you want to run one via postings

or if you want to look into it, http://www.kloogeinc.com/ has software to enable you to run a game online.

I know I've seen players before post here looking for games to join...

It's frustrating finding others who play in the US.
(I'm stuck in the desolate middle of the continent. *Ho-hum!*)
I hope that when the Red Nails cartoon-feature comes out, there will be greater interest among the public-at-large.
Virtually no one at the conan.com boards says they play either. :(
You can always look into www.frappr.com/conanplayers to see if anyone is in your area. There is a Ron Williams (Prescott Valley, AZ) on the map so far.

Yes, I am currently living in SW area of Phoenix AZ. But I am looking to move to either Dallas Texas or Orlando FL area. If I can find good gamers in either area it will help me make the moving decision.

Best place to recruit gamers for an 'in-person' game is the ENworld forums: http://www.enworld.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Also, RPGRegistry, AccessDenied has gamer boards -- though those don't seem to get a huge amount of attention.

In fact, for those of you in Indiana, I understand Vincent Darlage (salaam, salaam) is looking for gamers for a Conan rpg game!

I have used the EnWorld fourms, but found if you are not looking for D&D game you have very little luck. So I figured on here I would find Conan players.

I would be interested in playing with an online group, or with a little coaching on using the online systems I woud be willing to run an online game.

Has anyone run a successful online game? I would like to know how to do it. I use a Video conference Room that allow up to six people to be on cam and it has a white board. But how do you manage dice rolls, character updates and such? Do you have to develop maps and such for visuals?

Hey I checked out the Klooge site for running online games. It looks very cool. I am thinking of buying the system with six player licenses. But I would like to play it first a few times as a player to see how it plays. Does anyone run a game with it I could set in on?

I want to create an ongoing Conan Campaign, and this looks like a great way to do it with people from anywhere.

What has been the experience of it's use?

I am the one you started the AZ_Conan group. I had a good group for about six weeks. But most where kids and they didn't continue.

I am looking for a long term group

Sgt Zim said:
In fact, for those of you in Indiana, I understand Vincent Darlage is looking for gamers for a Conan rpg game!

Yes, I am... and am finding little luck. RL has hit my gaming group hard in recent months, leaving me with two consistent players and a bunch of occasional players (of course, RL does that, even to the best of us).

I was working in Cincinnati for three months, I tried to find a group there, but had no luck. How far are you from Cincy, cause I did find one good player there who would like to find a good group?

VincentDarlage said:
Sgt Zim said:
In fact, for those of you in Indiana, I understand Vincent Darlage is looking for gamers for a Conan rpg game!

Yes, I am... and am finding little luck. RL has hit my gaming group hard in recent months, leaving me with two consistent players and a bunch of occasional players (of course, RL does that, even to the best of us).

I saw your ad Vincent and immediatly checked to see how far away your town was from mine in Michigan - over 5 hours! So close...yet so far.

Damn's the luck:!:

I'm going to be at Howard Days this June and perhaps some of us fans can game at night after some of the festivities. That would be cool. Especially if we organize and have a GM and the appropriate characters done in advance.

mlmguru99 said:
I was working in Cincinnati for three months, I tried to find a group there, but had no luck. How far are you from Cincy, cause I did find one good player there who would like to find a good group?

It is at least a two hour drive to Cincinnati from Columbus, IN.

Strom said:
I saw your ad Vincent and immediatly checked to see how far away your town was from mine in Michigan - over 5 hours! So close...yet so far.

Darn. You'd make a great Conan player in my campaign.

Strom said:
I'm going to be at Howard Days this June and perhaps some of us fans can game at night after some of the festivities. That would be cool. Especially if we organize and have a GM and the appropriate characters done in advance.

I would love to make Howard Days one of these years, but this year it is out of the cards - I will be making a trip to Las Vegas in June this year.

If you are running a local game, where are you running it. I want to try to figure out where most of the people playing are playing.

I'm running a Conan campaign in Marietta, GA on alternating Sunday afternoons from 2-7 pm EST.

They left Shadizar and didn't want to go after the "Throne of Blood" so they left the caravan (stupidily) and went into a cavern area and got ambushed....and now they're are lost in the mountains bordering Zamoria and Turin, fighting the native "pict" like barbarians and such.

mlmguru99 said:
If you are running a local game, where are you running it. I want to try to figure out where most of the people playing are playing.

I run a game in West Cumbria (UK) at a club, we meet every Monday night at 7:30pm (GMT) in the Falcon Club in the hamlet of Egremont. At this moment I have just finished an eight week run and I am now playing in a 'Red Death' game but will be resuming Conan, as soon as I have more plot.....

Back