Where are all the pics of painted minis? SF

Thanks everyone :) The back of the CB saucer makes for a lot of creative choices. I'm sure there are many other cool color combinations out there.

Thought it was time I threw up pictures of my ships, since I've been admiring the work of the rest of y'all on this board, but not contributed myself. Apologizing in advance for the picture quality, it's all operator error, camera is capable of much better than this...

10899875483_6dc21435a8_o.jpg

The first ones I finished ~6 months ago. As you can see, I went with the green.

Federation Fleet Box
10899568785_0fda0bc69a_o.jpg

Finish is Light Gray - Heavy drybrush of Testors Schnellboote Weiss. And decals by our friends at Tenneshington.

And the Romulans. Consists of a fleet box plus a squadron box.
10899569015_60bc13398e_o.jpg

Plus bottoms.
10899875113_5f88fa9dd9_o.jpg

The Romulans were by far the hardest to do. Some of these miniatures took upwards of an hour to clean flash and make something of blobs where detail was supposed to be. The decals are my own work, printed on the office's trusty color laser printer. And with artwork mostly misappropriated from various web sources.

Really looking forward to seeing what comes next with the 2500 line.

Hal

Wow...that's the first thing that comes to mind. They are all amazing. The Romulan fleet is very impressive with all the colorful decals you made.

You did all that in 6 months? And with that quality? I am most impressed by you speed. I can barely turn out a ship a week :)

Fantastic job. I was considering making decals for my Romulans as well, but ended up painting two of them. I'm way behind on all of my ships.

Any chance you could post the image files you used to make the decals?

I would also like to request that you post like.. pictures of 'squads' of ships, instead of the whole fleet at once, so we can see some more detail!

Finknottle said:
Thought it was time I threw up pictures of my ships, since I've been admiring the work of the rest of y'all on this board, but not contributed myself.
Really nice looking fleets, Finknottle! The multi-colored Romulans are particularly striking.

Cool ships. I like the color of your Klingons. Great job on the Romulans! It's impressive seeing the entire fleet together :)

Thanks all for the kind words

Unusual ship bases, never seen any like that before.
The bases are for my 1/300 aircraft games. Re purposed for Starships -plus since they are square, no firing arc overlays needed!

Probably not. Most of the artwork isn't mine, so giving it away becomes problematic...

I would also like to request that you post like.. pictures of 'squads' of ships, instead of the whole fleet at once, so we can see some more detail!
This I think I can accomplish. I either need more lighting, or probably a lighter background. Or just better camera skills...

I have a squadron box of Gorn and Kzinti to work on, still not sure about Gorn color scheme, but I'm thinking of doing the Kzinti in yellow.

Finknottle

Red-24 said:
Fantastic job. I was considering making decals for my Romulans as well, but ended up painting two of them. I'm way behind on all of my ships.

The image for a Bird of Prey (Snipe, Warbird etc.) is easy - a couple of minutes with Google Images turned up this, for a start. Photoshop will change the red and orange to whatever you like.

Images for Kestrels or are another matter. This comes from the official Star Fleet Universe page about miniatures. It's a small image and only half the bird, but you could probably do something to it with Photoshop. The same page has images for the Sparrowhawk and Seahawk, neither of them showing any insignia, while the image for the Condor shows an abstract triangular design. (You could always do the Condor as Angry Condor :D.)

Meanwhile, back to the original photos: they all do look good, and the extra work put into the Romulans definitely paid off!

LOL

That's the best bird ever! Might have to make one to give my little 9 year old nephew more interest in playing.

AdrianH said:
The image for a Bird of Prey (Snipe, Warbird etc.) is easy - a couple of minutes with Google Images turned up this, for a start.

When I looked last year, I couldn't find an image like that so thanks. That's all I need to get started.

Yay! Better Pictures! Or, better lighting and backdrop. I still should have illumination from multiple sources, though. I'll got the Fed's today, and the Klingons and Romulans tomorrow, after Turkey Bowl...
10973723006_86a2d82cbd_o.jpg
10973725266_da08d2093c_o.jpg
10973869253_1698eec8e0_o.jpg
10973867333_a3e4e66987_o.jpg
10973637885_44ac5c6672_o.jpg

And the drama shot:
10973814304_ed91dc864c_o.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration guys!

Finknottle

Good, now we can appreciate them properly. And the models do deserve such appreciation - I particularly like the detail on the warp nacelles.

The stands look interesting too. Presumably they're scratch-built? They appear to be a rod topped with a crocodile clip and stuck into a square base, and a pin stuck into the model itself.

The rest of my Romulans.

10988129494_9729a75b2f_o.jpg
10988128854_01bbd7f428_o.jpg
10988176653_afb0553332_o.jpg
10988056926_49a6284f78_o.jpg

and finally the ship that got me started on the whole decal-making craze last month - make that year.
10988056136_5bd6b4ca66_o.jpg

Well, off to work on asteroids.

Back