When will the Kai Lord Minis Hit the UK

Winter Wolf

Mongoose
Hi Mongeese,

I was just wondering if you could let us know when the Lone Wolf Minis will hit the shops in the UK. Also when looking through the scheduled releases section I couldn't see any Lone Wolf minis. The reason that I am so keen is a, I like the lookof them and I wants them, but b, I am running an adventure for some young teenagers and I will be using minis for visual effect. Any thing to get them hooked. I will use stand ins but would like to be able to use Magnamund minis.

So any furthur news would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks. :)

What’s the name of the company that’s releasing them in the UK and where will they be available from?

I have tried my local Games Workshop, but they have not heard anything regarding the new “Lone Wolf” miniatures.

Yeah! :lol:

I bet they were really impressed. I have had relatives go into GW stores and ask for products from other people they get very confused. I'm not knocking GW I like some of their stuff. I just find their reaction a real hoot. :lol:

Good point I was also wondering about distribution.

Winter Wolf said:

I bet they were really impressed. I have had relatives go into GW stores and ask for products from other people they get very confused. I'm not knocking GW I like some of their stuff. I just find their reaction a real hoot. :lol:

Actually, yeah, I had a funny story to tell about GW- it was when I first starting RPG'ing; some of them had no clue what Dungeons and Dragons was. Certainly no-one there had heard of vampire. It distressed me that their staff have such a narrow band of knowledge (i.e. wargames, made by them)

Even more of a crime was going into GW to get some dice. I asked the guy "Wheres your D20's?" and he was dumbfounded. He directed me to the pound store down the street. I was so shocked at this I didn't even bother looking myself! Ironically, though, the pound store did sell cheap multipacks of various dice, so I ended up buying some from them!

Winter Wolf said:

Even funnier when you bear in mind GW did the original LW miniatures in the 80s :) Most of their current staff don't even remember that (or GW's Judge Dredd RPG... hey, notice a pattern forming here?)

As for distribution, I think it'll be via the standard channels (Esdevium, and possibly Hobbygames) to hobby stores, so wherever you bought the book (unless it was a bookstore) should have them (or be able to order them in). Or of course you can order direct from Mongoose.

Personally I'm expecting to see a huge rush on them and will order as many as the distributor will let me have.

mthomason said:
Even funnier when you bear in mind GW did the original LW miniatures in the 80s :) Most of their current staff don't even remember that (or GW's Judge Dredd RPG... hey, notice a pattern forming here?)

You have to bear in mind that most red shirts are paid minimum wages, and so have a tendency to be on the youthful side, i.e. students with the odd job until they graduate. As such, most are too young to know these things.

The ones who make a career out of working in a GW retail store tend to have been long enough in the RPG/gaming hobby to know their stuff, even if they may not be as knowledgeable as some people are on every single game that GW ever put out there.

GW's vocation has changed dramatically between the 80s and the 90s, for better or for worse, and now only cater to their own house games.

If you see our books in a store, they will be able to order the Lone Wolf miniatures (if they do not already stock them, that is. . .).

Back