When the gods walked among us

Sigtrygg

Emperor Mongoose
Revisiting a recent post of mine, I am about to spend an awful lot of time fleshing out this setting.

Anunnaki - Ancients, one of Grandfather's children and several of his grandchildren, each grandchild messing about with a different aspect of the Earth. One of their projects was building the moon.
Lizid People - wingless Droyne servitors of the above, very different from the Droyne of the Third Imperium era.
Nephilim - giant humanoid synthetics derived from human and animal experiments.
Giants and monsters - genetic hybrids of Nephilim and humans
Golems - synthetic constructs

Atlantis and Lemuria - heirs to the Earth after the Ancients left.
Younger Dryas catastrophe and great flood - caused by the final war between Lemuria and Atlantis.

A few Nephilim, giants monsters and other synthetics survived and appeared to the survivors as messengers from god and aided them in building new societies, the last of them would be slain causing the late bronze age collapse.

Last edited:
I like where you're going with it. What kind of era of play? Modern day earth, far future alternate imperium, something else?

I like where you're going with it. What kind of era of play? Modern day earth, far future alternate imperium, something else?
I was thinking of making it near future - 2050ish
Various expeditions find things on the Moon, on Mars and in the Kuiper Belt that point towards "aliens"

In order for the whole thing to play out I was considering using the Secret of the Ancients mechanism of playing your character of sorts back in time.

The 2050 version of your character may just end up being a recording too :)

I was thinking of making it near future - 2050ish
Various expeditions find things on the Moon, on Mars and in the Kuiper Belt that point towards "aliens"

You mean like buried light-activated giant black monoliths that are discovered as magnetic anomalies? ;)

Last edited:
Back