What Properties Would You Like To See Mongoose Acquire?

What OTHER Properties Would You Like To See Mongoose Acquire And Travellerize?

• Honor Harrington (David Weber et alia)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Republic of Cinnabar Navy (David Drake)

• Vatta's War (Elizabeth Moon)

• Terro-Human Future History (H. Beam Piper)

• Babylon 5 (Renew the license, keep it alive!)

• Legacy of the Aldenata/Posleen (John Ringo et alia)

• Several of these, or Other Not Listed (PLEASE COMMENT BELOW)

• Total voters
GamerDude said:
Mongoose hasn't lost the Starship Troopers license, they've just put the game (minis and RPG) on the back burner for a bit (who knows what their future plans for it are). Matt addressed this a while back on the forums and such. One of the ST licensees, not Mongoose, ran into some problems and all the licenses went into limbo. While this was going on ST products from Mongoose fell off of the radar. Once everything was settled Mongoose was given, as way of a 'thanks for waiting through all this' an extension of several years on the license for free.

Unfortunately, that extension was never ratified, and SST is now deader than a bug's dead bits. Hence, no new games.

msprange said:
We are _so_ not doing Thundercats :)

Now, Battle of the Planets, on the other hand. . .:)

:-O

If you were at all serious about that, I know of a small knot of ageing BOTP diehards who'd buy that sourcebook, and the Traveller corebook, before you'd lifted your finger from the button marked "Trans ... MUTE!"

Only two properties I can think of to beat BOTP for awesomeness.

Captain Scarlet.

Thunderbirds.

I rest my case. :)

Alan Hume said:
I would love to see Blake's 7 done by the mongoose 8)

and bringing back Babylon 5 would be a very good thing too :D
Goes without saying, but it doesn't hurt saying it. Over and over and over again until someone listens ...

angry.gif
frown-1.gif

Watched The Fifth Element yestaerday for the first time in years (it was on Cinemax).

Having seen it I think that it would be awesome to see an official Mongoose setting using Traveller based on it.

msprange said:

Now, Battle of the Planets, on the other hand. . .:)

That could be fun :) But not as much fun as Thundercats.

alex_greene said:
If you were at all serious about that, I know of a small knot of ageing BOTP diehards who'd buy that sourcebook, and the Traveller corebook, before you'd lifted your finger from the button marked "Trans ... MUTE!"

Only two properties I can think of to beat BOTP for awesomeness.

Captain Scarlet.

Thunderbirds.

I rest my case. :)

The Terrahawks beat both hands down.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085099/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrahawks

Fordy...you and I will raise our Thundera flags proudly. Thundercats would be awesome.

Not nearly as awesome as some other licenses that I repeatedly sacrifice small animals for us to get...but it would be really good, despite what Matthew says about our feline alien friends. :)

Thunder...thunder...thundercats...ho!!!!!!

-Bry

msprange said:

Now, Battle of the Planets, on the other hand. . .

:)

You're just jealous because Cheetara, was far hotter then then Jun aka Princess aka Sara aka Mala......

HOWEVER. There is a workable element, for the unadulterated Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman :D

Still, as much as I hate to say it, Thundercats, would sell.

~Rex

"Sword of Omens, Grant me Sight, BEYOND sight.....wait is that Cheetara?"

The Takeshi Kovac novels that someone mentioned earlier would indeed be superb for rpg - a group of players needlecast into some remote hot spot, get downloaded into custom bodies for the mission, like it - I've already got homebrew cortical stack rules.

I'd also love to see some of Timothy Zahn's stuff done - loved the COBRA and Blackcollar novels.

ps - Ha! googled Blackcollar to see if there was any info out there on the intermawebs - I read the original Blackcollar books when they were published back in 1983 and 1986.... well googling turned up a concluding part published in 2005: Blackcollar: The Judas Solution! excuse me off to amazon....

Given the Movie in the U.S., G.I. Joe.

I can see a Core Book, A resupply manual, A COBRA manual, then Deathstro supplement.

Quiller said:
The Takeshi Kovac novels that someone mentioned earlier would indeed be superb for rpg - a group of players needlecast into some remote hot spot, get downloaded into custom bodies for the mission, like it - I've already got homebrew cortical stack rules.

I'd also love to see some of Timothy Zahn's stuff done - loved the COBRA and Blackcollar novels.

ps - Ha! googled Blackcollar to see if there was any info out there on the intermawebs - I read the original Blackcollar books when they were published back in 1983 and 1986.... well googling turned up a concluding part published in 2005: Blackcollar: The Judas Solution! excuse me off to amazon....

Cobra and Blackcollar would be interesting I could roll with those. Easy enough to set up.

Wouldn't mind Jerry Pournelles Falkenbergs Legion or Janesaries stuff myself.

~Rex

A hot property notification for Mongoose: Fantasy Traveller.

DPSteve said:
I voted for Harrington, but anything from Weber or Ringo would rock in my book.

I would buy the setting book for this, but probably not much else - I lost interest at about War of Honor.

Twin Dragons said:
Watched The Fifth Element yestaerday for the first time in years (it was on Cinemax).

Having seen it I think that it would be awesome to see an official Mongoose setting using Traveller based on it.

What, no love for a Fifth Element setting?

Twin Dragons said:
Twin Dragons said:

What, no love for a Fifth Element setting?
They've already got two - Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog! 8)

Back