What Properties Would You Like To See Mongoose Acquire?

What OTHER Properties Would You Like To See Mongoose Acquire And Travellerize?

• Honor Harrington (David Weber et alia)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Republic of Cinnabar Navy (David Drake)

• Vatta's War (Elizabeth Moon)

• Terro-Human Future History (H. Beam Piper)

• Babylon 5 (Renew the license, keep it alive!)

• Legacy of the Aldenata/Posleen (John Ringo et alia)

• Several of these, or Other Not Listed (PLEASE COMMENT BELOW)

• Total voters
LASER PONIES !

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=65022&src=FrontPage

LASER PONIES NOW NOW NOW !

DO YOU HEAR, MATT ?

LASER PONIES.

captainjack23 said:
LASER PONIES !

DO YOU HEAR, MATT ?

LASER PONIES.

This!!!

In fact I wan't to see a Laser Ponies, Judge Dredd, Elric and Luther Arkwright crossover game.

Seriously, how did you find that one captainjack?

OK, I just tabulated the comments here, the summary is below. I am asking the moderators to please CLOSE the poll.

I would also ask that the thread be locked, and a new thread for general discussion on the viability or potential value of specific properties be opened; I *may* use the results of this poll to start new polls on the same general topic, but with somewhat more restrictive questions.

In tabulating the results, I started with the poll numbers from the existing poll, and ignored the "Other/Multiple" count. I then went through the comments, and any comment that favorably mentioned multiple properties, I added one vote for each property.

If a comment listed a single property already on the poll, I ignored the comment, assuming that the poster had voted for that property in the poll; if it listed a single unlisted property, I added the property to the list, with one vote. Subsequent mentions of that property added one vote to it.

I DID NOT ATTEMPT TO CORRECT FOR MULTIPLE COMMENTS FROM THE SAME PERSON. I also had no way of knowing if someone voted for (say) Vatta on the poll, and then mentioned Vatta, Blake 7, and Laser Ponies in the comments; the comment would have added one vote for each, even though the commenter may have added a vote for Vatta directly.

Yes, I took the votes for the "You're kidding" entries, like ThunderCats and Laser Ponies.

Also, people mentioned authors or genres without naming specific properties; I took those votes as well (they're in my notes as e.g., "Cherryh Unspecified" or "Generic Steampunk"), and they are referred to as "properties" in the tally below.

Where different named series were known to me to actually be set in the same universe (e.g., Falkenberg, CoDominium, and Moties), I combined the votes. If it was not known to me that they are so set, or if it was known to me that they are NOT so set, they were maintained separately (e.g., Cherryh, Company Wars vs. Chanur).

The properties named ranged across the entire media spectrum, from SF and Fantasy books, to live-actor TV, to animation TV, to live actor movies, to CGI and animation movies, to other RPGs, to video games. The two most-often used media sources seem to be SF books and live-actor TV, with live-actor movies a distant third.

The Tally:

B5 seems to be the most-wanted, with 26 votes.
Harrington follows with 19.
Blakes 7 is third with 9.
Firefly (including Serenity) ranked fourth with 7.
The following properties had 6 votes each: 2300/2320, H.Beam Piper, Republic of Cinnabar/Leary-Mundy, and Vatta.
The following properties had 5 votes each: Dune, Foundation, Known Space/Ringworld, Rogue Trooper, Stainless Steel Rat.
The following properies had 4 votes each: CoDominium/Falkenberg/Moties, Mass Effect, Space Above and Beyond, Stargate (all), The Culture.
There were 15 properties that got 3 votes each.
There were 23 properties that got 2 votes each.
There were 62 properties that were named once.

Lord High Munchkin said:
Is it too late to vote for 'Laser Ponies' 25 times more?

:D Technically, no, since the poll hasn't actually been forced closed. However, I won't be doing another tally on this one.

I know what it is... it's a K'ree religious cult!!!

Laser ponies are the spirits of good K'ree that have gone to pastures green.

I must stop eating cheese late at night.

Charakan said:
captainjack23 said:
LASER PONIES !

DO YOU HEAR, MATT ?

LASER PONIES.

This!!!

In fact I wan't to see a Laser Ponies, Judge Dredd, Elric and Luther Arkwright crossover game.

OOOOO ! Yeah Arkwright ! His daughter is the perfect age for that.

"Daddydaddydaddy mightnt I have a pony pleasepleaseplease ???????"

"yes dear, but the cosmic balance requires that it be this one."

ZZZZZaaaappppppp!

"Ohhhhhhhh scrummy ! Thankyouthankyouthankyou"

"Stop right there citizens.....and you, the albino mutant, too"

Seriously, how did you find that one captainjack?

Having once written a bizarre post apocalypse parody RPG, my karmic debt apparently requires that people constantly tell me about other bizarre RPG's.

Plus, I'm a geek.

Lord High Munchkin said:
I know what it is... it's a K'ree religious cult!!!

Laser ponies are the spirits of good K'ree that have gone to pastures green.

I must stop eating cheese late at night.

yes.....yes, you must.

Oh geeze. When will I learn "be careful about sharing bad ideas -someone may do it".

Supplement 23: Laser Ponies: K'Kree for kiddies.
Science fiction adventure in the thousand acre worlds.

"Oh Bother" said Poo. " The Lords of thunder consider Hunny an animal product...."

..... :?

Space 1999 ...it would have to be renamed but the Eagles, Mark IX Hawks would be awesome for a slower style campaign

Penn

Bygoneyrs said:
Space 1999 ...it would have to be renamed but the Eagles, Mark IX Hawks would be awesome for a slower style campaign

I'd be all for it, I tried doing it in GURPS once :).

Just let's be sure that only the first season got covered. ;)

Just to weigh in, I cannot believe Blake's 7 has scored so highly - I think some people need to re-watch the series, rather than rely on nostalgia :)

As for Thundercats being a joke suggestion, that is fighting talk in some parts (not these parts though - no way am I putting my name to Thundercats. . .).

msprange said:
Just to weigh in, I cannot believe Blake's 7 has scored so highly - I think some people need to re-watch the series, rather than rely on nostalgia :)
I watch it every year. Gets better every time! 8)

i bought my mum the radio plays of Blakes 7 (the newer ones with the original cast) for christmas a couple of years back, and she and I still love them!!

Blakes 7 has aged pretty well, ok so the effects are now laughable, but the stories, characterisation, plots are still kick a*s grab you by the throat good!

Chef

That's why it works as a roleplaying game - the visual effects are all in your head! :wink:

msprange said:

I would suggest that YOU need to watch it again... and look past the low budget. Most of the stories are top notch, pretty mature, and grim as hell. Pretty much every episode I remember involved some hapless people that the B7 crew helped or were helped by being murdered by their enemies (or possibly even by the B7 crew, more specifically Avon).

msprange said:

As for Thundercats being a joke suggestion, that is fighting talk in some parts (not these parts though - no way am I putting my name to Thundercats. . .).

I'd buy a Thundercats RPG, but I'd rather have A:2089 Traveller version.

LBH

msprange said:

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. I have to agree. FWIW, I didn't like it at the time, so maybe even the glow of nostalgia is missing for me. It seems in retrospect basically a setting based around the Ine Givar opinion of the imperium (rebels against the evil OTU empire viewpoint) and starring a bunch of roleplayers, so from a mechanics standpoint traveller as is would handle it just fine. Perhaps an article in S&P ?

I could see thundercats as a TNE setting, perhaps ....... :wink: :wink:

Edited: came on too strong, and not blathery enough. Which is what happens when I'm too terse.

captainjack23 said:
[Blakes 7 stuff] Perhaps an article in S&P ?
Methinks that overcoming the licensing difficulties would not be justified on that basis ... :lol:

Vile said:
captainjack23 said:
[Blakes 7 stuff] Perhaps an article in S&P ?
Methinks that overcoming the licensing difficulties would not be justified on that basis ... :lol:

Oh dear. Guess we'll just do without.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Or.....DRAKE'S ELEVEN
The dark and gritty sci fi adventure about a tough and cynical time travelling English Rapscallion Admiral and Privateer who travels to the future and gathers an elite cadre of rebels and mavericks and one really annoying sociopathic bastard and his toady who all get along except for the ones that hate each other to overthrow an EVIL Federated republic which is oppressing a bunch of niceish people but who immediately then goes away again pretty much after the first show to fight the cyborg armada in the past leaving the characters to cope without him until the last episode where the king of Spain IV arrives and corners them and he turns out to be Rowen atkinson......riding a laser pony !!!!!!!

Are you paying attention Matt ? This one is up for grabs ! No complaining when your company is steamrollered by the Drake's 11 franchise that you passed on !

Back