WHAT PART OF SST MINIS WOULD YOU DITCH?

WHAT PART OF SST MINIS WOULD YOU DITCH?

• Plastic Minis (They're yucky!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metal Minis (They're yucky!)

• Main Rulebook (hard or softcover) - (rules are yucky!)

• Army Books/Codexes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

privateer

Mongoose
You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Some people buy into a game for the rules. Some like the minis. Others like both. There are also always going to be models, codices and other facets that some folks don't like.

I voted metal minis since i find most of them are low quality, but army books / rule expansions are a close second.

i like it all, !

if i had to make a desision though it would be the metal minis, but the new LMI has changed my ind on that lol.

i realy like the versatility ofthe plastic minis and they retain good detail i feel.

the rules are a strong point of sst.

so no votes from me there, personaly id ditch the wingers and tel them to go back to GW. lol

I put the metal minis because There have been problems with almost every metal box set I've purchased. I thought about listing the army books but then I realized they're a great way to expand the game and the free S&P articles keep it from being too rediculous.

I voted the Army Books/Codexes. I wasn't too thrilled with the Pathfinders book. Like the content, but I think it is a little spendy.

I'm also a little worried of the GW syndrome. You know, the newest army is the best to play. Of course, I'm waiting before passing judgement since the first book was for an elite unit.

Oh, and I don't want to have a bunch of books just to get all the latest rule changes.

I had a tough time deciding on either plastic or metal. I've found issues with both. However, I've also found examples of each where the quality was as expected or better.

I went with plastic, as the issues I had with the Tanker Bug was pretty fresh in my mind.

well, the stuff i got is decent, the army books seem to be okay, welll the rules are Grade A++, and well i like it all.

What's not to like? OK, $15 for the Pathfinders book was a little steep but in a world where that 'other' company rapes their customers(without lube) I can accept an army book for the cost of two super-sized value meals.

Sgt. Brassones said:
What's not to like? OK, $15 for the Pathfinders book was a little steep but in a world where that 'other' company rapes their customers(without lube) I can accept an army book for the cost of two super-sized value meals.

Mongoose, the company that cares about your weight!

You need an option for people who love everything about SST!!! I have no problems with any of these four choices, never have, and unless Mongoose starts turning into the evil empire 2 then I probably never will.

veon said:
You need an option for people who love everything about SST!!!...

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think you can alter a poll once it's kicked off. That should have been one of the options.

I'm guessing that those who are in love with everything will simply not vote and make a post about loving everything. Those who do vote, I assume have a beef with at least one aspect of the game.

I like all of it so far (albeit the Pathfinders book was a bit of a letdown).

I voted Plastic minis simply because I am sick of putting together cap troopers. I really, really dislike assembling those little monkeys. I was rather disturbed when I opened my first box of Pathfinders to find that it was in fact Cap Troopers with a baggie full of metal additions and had to put even more of them together. They look nice when finished, but man, I cannot wait to get going on the 1-piece LAMI.

The only thing that I'd like to ditch is the lack of MGP terrain for SST. :)

I have purchased terrain from Amera Plastics and J R Miniatures, but the scale isn't quite right on the JR terrain. I knew this going in though since it's 25mm.

James / Nezeray

Back