What Has RoK Done To Your Campaign?

Sorry about the term "hijack". I find the whole thread very interesting and the pastiches are relevent to Road of Kings. As long as Lowly Uhlan doesn't mind the turn in topic, that's cool.

Thanks for the suggestions on some of the more recent (last twenty years) books on Conan. I will try some out once my reading schedule frees up. I like Jordan's Wheel of Time which I didn't start reading until two years ago. Talk about a whole summers worth of reading at one time.

If any one else wants to mention favorite pastiche authors, I'm all ears (or in the case of the web, "all eyes").

toscadero said:
Sorry about the term "hijack". I find the whole thread very interesting and the pastiches are relevent to Road of Kings. As long as Lowly Uhlan doesn't mind the turn in topic, that's cool.

Compared to some of the other boards I frequent the hijacking here is pretty light.

And the pastiche's are indeed relevant to RoK. We would have had a 20-page book if the material from the Non-Howard stories hadn't been included.

Well, that's not the *only* option. Vincent et al. could have made stuff up and started a new continuity from scratch, like the new comic is doing. The pros and cons of doing that are pretty clear, I think.

Back