What happened to the Daziarn?

Rich

Mongoose
Just wondering - in the description of the Brotherhood of the Crystal Star, the rules mention the description of the Daziarn in the gazateer can be used to create quests.

The Daziarn isn't described in the gazateer.

Any idea when we might get to see that information?

Anther source of help is go to http://www.projectaon.org/books.htm

Now read book 11 of LW 'Prisoners of Time' if you have not read it before, if you have but it has been a awhile a good re-read won't hurt. If you are just interested in knowing more of the Plane, you can "god-play" the book. What I mean is just win all fights and check multiple paths through the book, as it is difficult to play the book without playing the first 10 as many fights are really tough. It should give you a brief veiw on some of the things in that plane.

Shouldn't have thought about the Lone Wolf Rpg only ... :oops: Take a look at the Grey Star book Beyond the Nightmare Gate (one of the next to be published by Project Aon) as well for additional material!

Paido

Don't forget Book 11 has a Map of the Daziarn in the overleaf...

I love GS, and I would recomand the "Beyond the Nightmares Gate" too. I just forgone mentioning it before cause it is not published yet. But it is the next one on their list... At this stage unless you have a hard copy, you have to wait. But LW 11 is there, so you got that one atleast for now.

I do not remember GS 3 but I know LW 11, which I read last week again, does go into the effort to explain the Daziarn in two location, you get two pictures that show a wide map and local map. Also you get a rough estimate of the time dilation (GS gets this too) and experience Neverness.

*goes back to waiting*

Last time I checked, you could get GS 3 from Amazon or Half.com pretty cheap ($2 if I remember correctly). When I re-rdered a copy, I had it within like 3 days.

The thing is, I have all of those books. I've had them for years. But that's not the point.

The point is that on page 17 of the Lone Wolf RPG, it says: "The Games Master is encouraged to use the description of the Daziarn Plane in the Gazateer to make this a difficult, almost nightmarish quest with no true guarantee of success." But, when you lookin the Gazateer, the Daziarn is only mentioned in passing - and saying that it is also known as the Astral Plane is a far cry from a description that can be used to make a "difficult, almost nightmarish quest".

So, what I wanted to know is: what happened to the Daziarn section of the Gazateer, and when will we get to see it?

Mmmm, probably got cut for lack of space, it happens all the time. Maybe it will appear in the upcoming sourcebook on Magic, but don't quote me on that.

August/Ian/Matt, if you still have that section and don't plan to publish it in any upcoming book, could we please have that description as an S&P article or a free download, please? :)

Just asking. BTW, I still don't have my copy so I'm assuming Rich is right (I'm sure he his).

How are these quests supposed to be done? Do you enter a shadow gate or so? Or is it some sort of spiritual journey? The game books clearly states that no one has ever returned from Daziarn. (Except Grey Star, but that is knowledge that the brotherhood of the Crystal Star doesn't have)

Considering that neither Lone Wolf nor Grey Star would be born for another 35 years at the time of the RPG, no one has escaped from the Daziarn yet (that has been chronicled anyways).

Madbiologist said:
I love GS, and I would recomand the "Beyond the Nightmares Gate" too. I just forgone mentioning it before cause it is not published yet. But it is the next one on their list... At this stage unless you have a hard copy, you have to wait. But LW 11 is there, so you got that one atleast for now.

I do not remember GS 3 but I know LW 11, which I read last week again, does go into the effort to explain the Daziarn in two location, you get two pictures that show a wide map and local map. Also you get a rough estimate of the time dilation (GS gets this too) and experience Neverness.

*goes back to waiting*

Eh? Everyone here seems to think Beyond the Nightmare Gate has not been published but I distinctly remember reading Grey Star 3 on Project Aon just a month back or so. I know this because I have never owned any of the GS books and made an effort to go throught them. The next one, where Grey Star gets the moonstone, is not yet out, but this one is! So go read it for more Daizairn goodness!

It wasn't published yet at the time of those posts, if you noticed the date posted (June 10), GS3 was released in the following weeks.

Back