What happened to Battlefield Evolution?

Yautja

Mongoose
So. I was sort of annoyed after me and my friends have invested a substantial ammount of money in Battlefield Evolution and Starship Troopers, both when they were released.

Which lead to us pretty much ignoring whatever Mongoose put out, but im not one to hold a grudge forever and i recently felt the urge of some Modern Combat miniature gaming and i remembered the solid ruleset that was Battlefield Evolution.

having already looked around at some companies for suitable miniatures i came back here to see about the rulebook and now i cant find any evolution books?

Have mongoose cut the cord completely with Battlefield Evolution?

Not exactly- we have 'evolved' the rules set and the latest incarnation of BF Evo can be seen in the free to download Judge Dredd miniatures game;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1847

This version of the rules will be used in several new miniatures games over the next few years, including one modern variant that I think you might be very interested in - however, that is some time away yet.

msprange said:
Not exactly- we have 'evolved' the rules set and the latest incarnation of BF Evo can be seen in the free to download Judge Dredd miniatures game;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1847

This version of the rules will be used in several new miniatures games over the next few years, including one modern variant that I think you might be very interested in - however, that is some time away yet.

Is it possible that this rules will become part of a "open" license like the old ones :?:

8)

Evo was a nice little system and one that got my mind racing in the past..
Infact i`m going to put up a little yahoo group later this week with my EVO work on so anybody can read and play around with my ideas...

I`m studying at college and so a lot of time has be sent and not much at the moment..
I have the following

1. EVO HORROR - which works so well for Evo
2. Ghost Recon - i think about 60+ pages on stats etc
3. EVO Dogfights - Aircraft rules with EVO ideas
4. EVO Space Comabt - this is my special baby, something to take on full thrust in new ideas

And last

5. A modern to future submarine combat game with rough EVO ideas...

I place a link up soon for the people that are into EVO and gaming

PS.. Nice to hear some information about a new system from mongoose and its modern combat stuff too..!!! cannot wait

Back