What dyou prefer?

Which do you prefer

• BSG Old Styleeee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BSG retelling Masssiieeeve

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
no contest

70s camp rubbish SFX with awful characters and dialogue plus cylons who couldn't shoot straight, stoopid kids and robot dog!

vs

damn good storyline, arc driven just like B5, excellent flawed characters, cool SFX and Grace Park! drool!!!

I like the new one, the pegasus episode is great, I am however wishing someone would kill baltar, his hallucinating of six is really really beggining to naff me off. oh, and STARBUCK SHOULD BE A MAN!!!!!! jeez, and how could they kill Jolly!

hiffano said:
I like the new one, the pegasus episode is great, I am however wishing someone would kill baltar, his hallucinating of six is really really beggining to naff me off. oh, and STARBUCK SHOULD BE A MAN!!!!!! jeez, and how could they kill Jolly!

I like the gritty plot, and thought I was sceptical of a female starbuck. I actually think she is damn cool!

hiffano said:

no way Baltar is one of the best characters!
again camp pantomime villain in the original, troubled, cowardly, messed up, traitor in the new version
and Katee Sackhoff is 100X better than Dirk "can't act way out of wet paper bag" Benedict

emperorpenguin said:
hiffano said:

no way Baltar is one of the best characters!
again camp pantomime villain in the original, troubled, cowardly, messed up, traitor in the new version
and Katee Sackhoff is 100X better than Dirk "can't act way out of wet paper bag" Benedict

To be Frank, I think they did a great job with all the characters. They all have subplots, that really do draw you into the story. Even though Baltar is trying to do the right thing, you can really see him being drawn closer to the Dark Side. If it was Star Wars, he'd make a great Sith Apprentice :twisted:

so when did Starbuck have a sex change!! :cry: :roll:
heh whilst he are here why don't we change Commander Ardama in to a 4 year girl too!! :cry: :roll:

I loved the original series as a kid, but it really hasn't aged well (beyond John Dykstra's phenomenal model work). The remake is pretty execptional though, and it does seem to be inheriting B5's place in the new wave of sci-fi shows as the intelligent groundbreaking show.

Anyone see the new US episode yet? It was pretty fantastic.

Lorcan Nagle said:
I loved the original series as a kid, but it really hasn't aged well (beyond John Dykstra's phenomenal model work). The remake is pretty execptional though, and it does seem to be inheriting B5's place in the new wave of sci-fi shows as the intelligent groundbreaking show.

Well maybe it might get JMS off his bum, and start writing some decent stuff for maybe B5.....maybe I am hoping too hard

reaverman said:
Lorcan Nagle said:

Well maybe it might get JMS off his bum, and start writing some decent stuff for maybe B5.....maybe I am hoping too hard

I still blame TNT for utterly bombing Crusade into the ground and destroying what would have been another 5 years of Babylon 5 goodness.

l33tpenguin said:
reaverman said:
Lorcan Nagle said:

I still blame TNT for utterly bombing Crusade into the ground and destroying what would have been another 5 years of Babylon 5 goodness.

Come on, Crusade did suck though. I mean the story was weak, and the characters were shallow.

reaverman said:
l33tpenguin said:
reaverman said:

Come on, Crusade did suck though. I mean the story was weak, and the characters were shallow.

If you only saw the first 12 episodes of B5 you may have said the same thing though. Having read the two unproduced scripts that made it inline a few years back, I think if Crusade had made it to the first season finale it would have found it's voice and an audience.

reaverman said:

Amen brother! Crusade was really poor and when you're used to characters like G'Kar, Londo etc then the 2D crusade caricatures were lame

Lorcan Nagle said:
If you only saw the first 12 episodes of B5 you may have said the same thing though. Having read the two unproduced scripts that made it inline a few years back, I think if Crusade had made it to the first season finale it would have found it's voice and an audience.

Nope I was hooked on B5 the moment I saw "Midnight on the firing line" on Channel 4 back in 94
After 12 episodes it had great stories and characters like Kosh, Londo and G'Kar plus I was fascinated with why the minbari had surrendered at the battle of the line

emperorpenguin said:
reaverman said:

Amen brother! Crusade was really poor and when you're used to characters like G'Kar, Londo etc then the 2D crusade caricatures were lame

I think the Franchise had lost its heart by then.

Back