What do you think Humanities Question will be?

Neo

Mongoose
Heya folks

I was sat wondering tonight about something a little odd admitted but it intrigued me all the same, so I thought I'd share my ponderance with you all and see what you thought.

In the Babylon 5 series a recurring theme among the first and ancient races was a question.. this question tended to indicate the entire purpose and driving force of the race.

For Lorien the First of the Ancients its was "Why are you here"?

For the Vorlons it was "Who are you"?

and finally for the Shadows it was "What do you want"?

So my question is this..what question do you think humanity had when they reached that point in thier evolution (think the kind of era such as seen in the "Deconstruction of Falling Stars" episode

thoughts?

Good question.

When the first ones left the galaxy, they left because WE decided to find our own path between order & chaos. Both the Vorlon & Shadow questions are valid, but I think that on their own they only give you part of the picture.

I think that when you know Who you are AND What you want then one has a better idea of Why we are here and Where we are going (the latter question is one Galen asks of Gideon in Crusade).

I'd like to think that we would ask all these questions - this would indicate that we had learnt to be more than our predecessors :)

Perturbatio said:
Where are you going?

Galen already used that, and I don't think it quite suits us as a race.

ALthough given the likely time elapsed before we ascend to first ones levels, our outlook on the universe could have changed drastically, so the question could be:

"Are you looking at your pint?" :lol:

LBH

ya got any valubel natural resores we can strip mine off your homeworld ?

(yeah i am posetive about were mankind is going)

How about "What do you believe?"

I have been desperately resisting posting flippant answers to this thread but now I have given in.

"Wazzupp?"

"Do you want fries with that?"

"Button, zip or zip, button?"

"Do you need to buy the Rules Supplements or are they contained in Sky Full of Stars?"

"One lump or two?"

"How's it hanging?"

Considering all the screwup's mankind has had since it developod civilisation, perhaps our question will be "Where have you been?"

Eryx said:
Considering all the screwup's mankind has had since it developod civilisation, perhaps our question will be "Where have you been?"

I was thinking along the same lines. Perhaps something like, "Did we learn from our mistakes?"

Chobbly

Greg Smith said:
"Do you need to buy the Rules Supplements or are they contained in Sky Full of Stars?"

If that question is still being asked by the time that we have evolved to First One levels, I will personally sterilise the entire universe! :lol:

If the Scottish nation is first to ascend to First One Levels there will be a schism, with the 2 factions having the questions:

"Salt and Sauce?"

"Salt and Vinegar?"

You may have to be from Central Scotland to get this one, but it is mildly amusing to me, perhaps Wulf and Frobi will understand.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
If the Scottish nation is first to ascend to First One Levels there will be a schism, with the 2 factions having the questions:

"Salt and Sauce?"

"Salt and Vinegar?"

You may have to be from Central Scotland to get this one, but it is mildly amusing to me, perhaps Wulf and Frobi will understand.

There's a further divide on the colour of the sauce of course ;)

Brown and I'll fight any heretic who says different :)

lastbesthope said:
I'm with you frobi, brown all the way!

It's not that different from the Purple/Green arguement really. :lol:

LBH

So does Scotland decide it's government based on the sauce colour? That explains a lot.

5 comedic replies in a row.. focus guys :p FOCUS!

And besides everyone knows Red Sauce is the best.. ;)

After the lessons learned in the shadow war the evolved human race won't ask a single question.

I think Galen's questions from the opening of Crusade gives any young race the chance to reflect on their own without having an elder race philosophy forced down their throat.

Neo said:
5 comedic replies in a row.. focus guys :p FOCUS!

And besides everyone knows Red Sauce is the best.. ;)

Next up...

"Did you spill my pint?"

Now if you can answer that and not get a panelling...

or more seriously...

"So, what do we do now..?"

Now, a total aside...
During a B5 RPG session, we once speculated how football chants might translate to Minbari and back again now that humanity was in the Anla'Shok, particularly...

"Your mode of transport to your domicile will be in a Worker Caste medical care vehicle wherein fornication is occurring."

"We advance together as one! We advance together as one! We advance together as one!"

Since humanity will be non corporeal perhaps:

"How am I going to operate my digital watch now?"

:lol:

LBH
Red sauce indeed! :roll:

I have to agree that the most important question humanity has to ask itself is:

"Do you want fries with that?"

Deep and meaningful? Probably not. But at least we know this one is one of the few humanity can answer.

Back