We have a new ship.

Jal

Mongoose
the waiting is nearly over lads, check out the link.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/news_item.php?pkid_news=12

is this cool or what! 8)

me and my army put an order in for alot of thoes ships....... so maby we will get a new line of B5 Minatures.. to go along with the new Rules for space battles...... and what ship is that exactly... it looks vagly like the ship from crusade.. I can never remember what its called... .

Aahhh, the Victory-class. Thought as much...

BtW, in my screen some text is hidden behind the picture... if anyone has a similar problem, here's what it says:
Strange shapes have been seen in Mongoose Hall. A Centauri agent, working deep undercover, managed to smuggle these sneak photographs out of Mongoose Hall, in order to bring them to the attention of the proper authorities. As yet, no official word has been heard from either the ISA or Mongoose Hall as to the nature or purpose of this vessel, but it is sure to create waves among the other fleets of the galaxy. As War Leader G'Tak of the Narn Regime has been quoted as saying, 'I want one!'

Oh, and by the way... I want one! :wink: :D

just to update things slightly; it is roughly 14cm in length (give or take a cm or two), quite a substantial mini indeed. :D

very cool. more minis would be highly appreciated by my players...

Anonymous said:
very cool. more minis would be highly appreciated by my players...

I thought the ship was very kewl. I would definitely buy into a ship minis line. I'm not really impressed by the models for Mighty Armies though. :cry: I will stick with Warhammer Fantasy for now. Until they can show me something impressive enough to make me want to buy into yet another miniature gaming line.

John

Golem: Well, you are going to think me a dreadful tease now :) There are currently no plans to sell the Excalibur, nor are there plans to put it into full production. It was designed as a promotional piece only. That said, any B5 fans going to Origins or Gen Con (any of them) this year could be happy bunnies. . .

Crimson: No worries there - the first Starship Troopers prototypes are being painted right now and I have just receieved the first of the Judge Dredd masters. I am sure we will hook you in the end :)

Please refer to my plea in the Starship Troopers' forum. I would rather have one of these babies then the Troopers' minis.

Sniff...sniff, stuck overseas and can't make Origins. Woe is me....

you are an evil evil evil man you know that Matt....... because unfortunatly there is no way i could make it to Gen Con..... but is that promotional pice going to promote a new B5 line or is it just to taunt us B5 nuts....

There are currently no plans to sell the Excalibur, nor are there plans to put it into full production. It was designed as a promotional piece only.

that really does suck, i was looking froward to fixing the nose on it as well. :roll:

:) I think the new ship look awesome! Hopefully someday that mini could become available to all.

MarkJN said:
Promoting products you don't intend to sell. Wonderful.

That was a little rude of me.

It just that, as a keen wargamer, especially starship combat games I had been looking forward to the release of the Victory class. Mogoose have already been teasing us by saying they won't do B5 starships - except the Excalibur. Now they have made it (and very nice it is too) they aren't going to sell it!
Maybe I'm taking it hard but it's a bit cruel on the fanbase/customers to show a product on a website and then say you have to be at THIS place at THIS time and then you MIGHT be able to get one. Isn't that a little unfair on everyone else?

Cheers
Mark

Back