Wave 1 figure shots from local store on my terrain

dsfrankevo

Mongoose
meavw.jpg

MEA by "Hammered" VW

meawreck3.jpg

meawreck1.jpg

MEA by the Toy M1 - it measures about 150mm - I understand the real deal B Evo M1 measures in the 125mm range

Brits by the Lorry

britstruck2.jpg

britstruck1.jpg

Brits in front of Ramone's

britsramones2.jpg

britsramones1.jpg

PLA in the Street - thought I had taken more than one shot - oops

plastreet.jpg

usmcwreck2.jpg

usmcwreck1.jpg

Wave 1 USMC - w/ Kittech 1/48 scale M1 (Below) (150MM long) & a wrecked toy M1 (above) about the same length - both about 25mm longer than the real deal Mongoose M1A2 measures (125mm)

usmcm1back.jpg

usmcm12.jpg

usmcm11.jpg

Wave 1 USMC w/ a Miasto Hummer - it says 1/40 scale on the bottom - but specs out @ about 1/50 - the guys are a little small - but workable

The TOW launchers were pulled off an ERTL toy M113 - all in all pretty cool looking.

usmchummerback2.jpg

usmchummerback.jpg

usmchummer2.jpg

usmchummer.jpg

Killer photos! Thanks for posting. Alliance West says we should have them by week after next.

What hit that M1!?! It had to be fratricide, nothing else out there can crack an M1 like that! The hummers look really good too.

Yep, modern to high end anti tank weaponry is slowly being seeded to middle eastern forces, most recently seen in the Isreali and Lebanon conflict.

And frankly, these photos just prove to me that the whole paint quality issue was way overblown. The infantry look fine, and these pictures are taken a lot closer than normal tabletop distance.

Heck, even the USMC paint scheme, when viewed from this distance, looks perfectly fine.

Capt. Griffin said:
Killer photos! Thanks for posting. Alliance West says we should have them by week after next.

What hit that M1!?! It had to be fratricide, nothing else out there can crack an M1 like that! The hummers look really good too.

I was thinking AT-14 volley fire from close range multiple elevation ambush positions - Go Feyadeen

I suspect that at some point we'll see some of the bigger current generation ATGMs like the AT-6 in the game

In real life a flank shot and rear engine deck hit have a reasonable expectation of serious damage - the turret front would take have to take a serious pounding to crack - the turret rear damage was supposed to look like a detonation of the ammo storage explosive panels

Truth is, once I got started on the tank with the torch - I found it hard to stop :twisted:

Turtle said:
... these photos just prove to me that the whole paint quality issue was way overblown. The infantry look fine, and these pictures are taken a lot closer than normal tabletop distance.

Heck, even the USMC paint scheme, when viewed from this distance, looks perfectly fine.

I agree, my only quibble are the wide staring open eyes on some of the figs - mostly the MEA - I plan to "squint" mine up - it looks like this is remedied on the wave 2 figs

As for the USMC paint scheme - it isn't true to MARPAT or ACU coloring - but it looks fine on the table - good luck simulating one of those camo schemes on a fig anyway - fuzzy gray/brown blobs on a slightly different shade of fuzzy gray/brown :roll:

loks good, the tanks dont look to bad for size from a visual apeal.

althuogh the hummer loks a bit big (height) to the untrained eye its not noticable enough due to the bases ading extra height.

any chance of a wave one fig next to a corgi fig ?

to be honest lookin at the pics you took, if you had said you had painted them id be going wow, as thye all look great, if i had to find one complaint it would be the leaning the pla guy.

so in all i think this game could do well from this vision.

Looks good.

Wait...have these hit stores in the US...or did you get some advance boxes?

'cause if they hit Dayton, they're probably in Columbus!

(not that I can afford 'em right now...)

Jeff

Jeff Cope said:
Looks good.

'cause if they hit Dayton, they're probably in Columbus!

(not that I can afford 'em right now...)

Jeff

Actually, our American facility is not too far away from you - Beaver Creek. However, they all have to travel to distributors first. We are looking at an official On Sale Date of the 19th, though some stores may be lucky to get their sets early (especially in the UK, where we have had a constant stream of distributors coming to our office to pick up their goods!).

WOW!!!!

:D

I'm a bit gutted I decided to wait to get these as I had planned on buying a PLA and Brit force but was sorely disappointed by the porduction photos but I can see that the quality is far better than any other prepaints on the market.

I know quite a few of you are fond of the AT-43 figs but to be honest after seeing them in the flesh I was appalled by the quality. They aren't even very nice designs IMO.

My faith in this line is restored and I will be purchasing a boat load of them. So long as I can find an opponant. :lol:

Jeff Cope said:
Looks good.

The US Mongoose warehouse is just down the street from Wexford Hills Hobby in Dayton - the US Mongoose Staff brought the store a few figs - not even a full squad of each faction to display

I took the opportunity to get them out of the case and photograph them the morning of my B Evo demo (the demo used my proxy figs) - but these Wave 1 guys are not mine :cry:

Maybe they'll be generous after release and let me give them a home in return for the demos I've been running - :lol: A guy can hope and dream :D

Witchsmeller said:
Any chance you snapped a photo of them next to your DDDs so we can see how they scale next to each other?

Posted these originally on evocommand.com - here they be again - various other figs side by side w/ Wave 1 samples

Comments welcome!

siephoto001.jpg

siephoto004.jpg

siephoto006.jpg

siephoto010.jpg

siephoto011.jpg

siephoto013.jpg

siephoto015.jpg

siephoto020.jpg

siephoto023.jpg

siephoto026.jpg

siephoto030.jpg