Waferjack capacity question

2022 Core Rule book
page 106: Wafer Jack Capacity Bandwidth/4
page 107: "A wafer jack has Computer/2 for Expert programs only and is always running Intelligence Interface. The Intelligence Interface does not use any Bandwidth, so all available Bandwidth may be used for Expert software."
page 110: "A Computer/3, for example, has a Processing score of 3. This is its ability to run software."

Does this mean the TL12 Waferjack can run a total of 2 points of programming bandwidth or 4 points?
Can a Traveller have more than one Expert program running at the same time. (example: Engineer 1 and Electric 1)?

p106 is presumably storage capacity.
p107 is presumably processing capacity.

It can store 4 pts of software, but only run 2 pts concurrently.

Yes, you can run several Expert programs at the same time.

p106 is presumably storage capacity.
p107 is presumably processing capacity.

It can store 4 pts of software, but only run 2 pts concurrently.

Yes, you can run several Expert programs at the same time.
Thank you for the reply. Your answer is reasonable and in line with my initial thoughts. What is giving me pause on that is the passage on page 110; "Note that the storage capacity of computers is not used in Traveller as, beyond TL8, the capacity of even a modest computer is effectively unlimited." This is specifically speaking on actual computes though which I can see as have more data storage space than a waferjack so maybe you have it correctly.

Thank you for the reply. Your answer is reasonable and in line with my initial thoughts. What is giving me pause on that is the passage on page 110; "Note that the storage capacity of computers is not used in Traveller as, beyond TL8, the capacity of even a modest computer is effectively unlimited." This is specifically speaking on actual computes though which I can see as have more data storage space than a waferjack so maybe you have it correctly.
Another Dilbert's answer is correct, and it's put in clearer language in the Central Supply Catalogue (shameless plug of the week). The 'aesthetic' is plugging chips of different programs into your head. The text, at least in the CSC says 'Swapping out software is done with physical media and not possible in the heat of the moment'. But one could argue that's so last century...

Back