Vacancy at the Mongoose

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

We have a vacancy at Mongoose Publishing!

The description is below. As will be clear, this is an entry level position. However, Mongoose has a policy of promoting upwards, and the last two people who have held this position have now become editors and developers - the last within six months of starting! There is, therefore, a clear road upwards. It all depends on you.

This is an entry level position for a games publishing company. The role involves a wide variety of office-related work including handling mail orders, stock control, communicating with customers via a variety of means, website updates and generally aiding the studio team and management in their work load. You will also be required to operate small pieces of printing equipment and to prepare books for shipping. Full training will be given on this and a wide variety of duties and software. Applicants are required to be computer literate with knowledge of Windows XP. The right applicant will have the chance to find a career within the company, as we have a policy of promoting from within.

You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Kelly George at Mongoose Publishing, Kelly George, 52-54 Cricklade Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 8AF, or email kgeorge@mongoosepublishing.com. Advice about completing a CV is available from your local Jobcentre Plus Office.

Salary: £9,000 - £12,000

Why that? I'm thinking of applying, though it would mean a pay cut and moving to Swindon. Its the entry level job and possibility of advancement I would be applying for, rather than because I love stock control, though I have done it for an off licence, bingo hall and large bookstore in the past.

*shakes fist*

You do this AFTER I get a job! AFTER! And it's almost the same job just with mongoose rather than a car-repair shop.

Gonna have to pass this one up alas but... Soooooo tempted.

see swindon hmmmmm

nah ! be a pay cut id have to do more than 20 mins work a year and id have to live in swindon..

did i mention i not to keen on living in swindon lol.

plus id onlty add more typos to the bpooks, we dont need more we need less :)

also its in swindon !!

but i used to manage a printing press, a myricle with my spelling !!!

and if you can afford to live in the south on that money you already have enough money that yuou dont need a job, its just sort of a past time. now if i win the lottery maybe :)
fingers crossed i win the lottery :)

katadder said:
and if you can afford to live in the south on that money you already have enough money that yuou dont need a job, its just sort of a past time. now if i win the lottery maybe :)

It is perfectly possible to live well on what we pay - and a job at Mongoose is anything but a 'past time'. . .

true about the past time bit, but thats why some people work when they have money, not treat it lightly but to pass the tmie. but living in the south on that? i can barely afford it on 26k and thats without paying for a mortgage down here. in fact i probably couldnt afford a house in swindon unless it was a very rough area or a very small house.

And i`m moving from watford to great yarmouth also...!!!

If only i was living in swindon, i would live in a cardboard box outside there office waiting for the " jobs" sign to go in the window...

Well i`m on the playtesting team, no money, but a chance to add my juices to the rules of the future...
Speaking of future games, i bet you don`t know about....
Hold on the phones ringing....

I`ve done dark :)

yeah im in the process of writing up a cv then i wil get it sent of
this looks like a grea job and only a 30 min drive from me. :D

G said:
whoops i left my d.o.b. off of the cv
its 11.09.83

G seriously, IMHO, if you do submit a CV with missing details, then you should really subm,it the errata or a correct version by the same means you submitted the original, not a forum post.

LBH

Back